Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international supply chain group looking to hire a Group ESG Manager. The position will oversee the design and implementation of the Environmental and Social program for their infrastructure development projects in Central and West Africa.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Oversee the evaluation, monitoring and performance of the Environmental and Social (E&S) objectives across the infrastructure projects in Central and West Africa
- Evaluate the projects to be initiated from the point of view of the ESG aspects and advise on implications and risks.
- Participate in the preparation of the terms of reference for the hiring of subcontractors to carry out the environmental and social studies required for the projects, as well as final selection of subcontractor firms.
- Support the construction and operations teams of the projects in the implementation of the Environmental and Social Management Plan and in the development of an internal audit structure.
- Participate in the preparation of Corporate ESG Policies, Procedures, Corporate Annual Reports and Data Acquisition Documents and Projects.
- Participate in local and international conferences events to present case studies emerging from the ESG team's achievements.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree + Master’s preferred
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ relevant work experience, preferably with an Environmental and Social impact consulting background
- Demonstrated track record of improving ESG performance and results for organizations involved in construction of large-scale infrastructure / oil & gas / mining / ports & logistics
- Strong leadership skills, management capability and communication skills
- Fluent in English and French preferred
- Experience working in Central and West Africa is a must
- Based in London, United Kingdom