Group Finance Manager
- consistent with experience (£55-70k + benefits)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Fundamental Media UK Ltd
- 29 Jun 18 2018-06-29
Since it was founded in 2003, Fundamental Media has become a leading specialist in media consultancy and advisory services. With a global reach from the UK and Europe, Asia and the Middle East to the Americas, we work primarily with the financial services industry providing media intelligence, planning and buying.
We have been recognised as one of the London Stock Exchange’s “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain” for three consecutive years and have recently been included in the Financial Times International Track 200.
We are looking for a qualified accountant to join our Head office team in London, providing accounting and commercial support to our Boston, Dubai, Sydney and Hong Kong offices.
Reporting to the CFO, this is an exciting and varied role, and would suit somebody who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment – covering everything from technical consolidations, to systems implementation, financial planning and forecasting and project work. The successful candidate will be familiar with international reporting requirements, and able to demonstrate their versatility and ability to skill up on new areas of legislation or compliance which they might not previously have been exposed to.
This is an exciting time to be joining Fundamental Media. We are opening new offices globally and investing in new technology and product offerings. This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to carve out a unique role for themselves within the business. Fundamental Media prides itself on its entrepreneurial and innovative spirit - and we are looking for an individual who can demonstrate these same attributes alongside the more traditional accounting skillset.
Responsibilities and Skills required
- Financial Control and Reporting, including preparation of management accounts as well as statutory consolidations, in accordance with UK GAAP, HK GAAP and Australian GAAP.
- Responsibility for Group’s statutory audit preparations and tax filings
- Analysis of business unit results and insightful delivery of management information
- Group Budgeting and Forecasting
- Cash Management and Treasury skills, including Foreign Exchange management
- Business Planning and Analysis
- Transaction experience welcomed
- Corporate Taxation and compliance, globally
- VAT and GST requirements of European, US, and APAC territories
- Transfer pricing and withholding tax experience welcomed
- Experience in risk management and governance
- Strong Excel and systems skills essential
- Financial Modelling an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels
- Attention to detail, good time management and organisation skills are all essential
Split of Duties and Responsibilities
- 40% Business Planning & Analysis & Cash Flow management
- 30% Review and troubleshooting
- 20% Reporting
- 10% Adhoc project work
- ACA; CA(SA); CA ANZ or equivalent, with a minimum of two years PQE in either industry or practice
- Minimum 2 years’ auditing experience within a Top 20 auditing firm
- Fully proficient in UK GAAP, with exposure to IFRS, US GAAP, Australian GAAP and HK GAAP
- Fluency in English essential, additional language skills welcomed
- A business degree with experience in commercial law, business administration and taxation law would be advantageous
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Location: Central London (closest tube Moorgate/Liverpool St)
- Salary: consistent with experience (£55-70k + benefits)
- Holiday: 25 days per annum, increasing with time served to maximum of 30 days
- Other benefits may include: Participation in bonus scheme, private health cover, life cover, volunteering days, group personal pension scheme, childcare vouchers, Cycle Scheme, Season ticket loans
Due to the volume of applications we receive for roles, we regret that we are unable to respond to individual applications directly. We will be in touch if you are successful in proceeding to the interview stage.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.