Group Financial Accountant
A global Insurance Group is looking for a qualified Financial Accountant to join the growing team. The position is pivotal in the effective delivery of financial accounting, reporting for head office legal entities and the involvement in development and improvement of control environment.
This role would suit a person who is keen to understand and tackle technical accounting questions and challenges, but would enjoy working and liaising with other team members and different areas of the business. Key areas of responsibility would be:
- Assisting in the smooth running of Group statutory audit process
- Preparing and assisting in production of accounting position papers
- Development and maintenance of Group accounting policies
- Assist in the maintenance and improvement of financial controls, including relationship with internal and external audit
- To research any technical accounting issues
- To monitor developments in accounting standards (IFRS and UK GAAP) and assess the impact on the Group and its entities.
- Assist in production of materials for Group Audit Committee and Finance Leadership Team
- Prepare year end / periodic technical papers on accounting issues to meet internal management / external auditor requirements
- Involvement in ad hoc projects where necessary (including leading them where appropriate)
- To provide support to the Group Financial Controller & Head of Financial Accounting
To be considered for this role you must have a good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS as well as an understanding of consolidation accounting. The ideal candidate is likely to have post qualified (ACA / ACCA) experience gained in a non-life insurer or Big 4 accountancy firm. The position requires someone with strong interpersonal skills, and you need the ability to discuss and explain technical accounting concepts to non-accountants.