Group Financial Control VP
London, England, United Kingdom
Global Investment Bank is currently looking for a Group Financial Controller to join their Accounting & Analysis team in London. This role has been created due to an internal move as the current incumbent has moved into a dedicated project role and this position will be the deputy for the Current Head of Group Consolidation Finance Control.
- Own and deliver disclosures set out in external financial statements including designing analytical review procedures and communicating results to senior stakeholders.
- Understand and execute complex group consolidation concepts including identifying the need for and reviewing the impact of complex consolidation journals, determining the impact of transactions on group processes and understanding the impact of changes in external inputs such as foreign exchange and interest rates.
- Business partnering with subject matter experts in risk and other finance functions
- Review of ad hoc information, reports, presentations, and provide challenge where necessary.
- Continual review and improvement of businesses processes to ensure all areas across Finance produce the right information in the required time frames as efficiently as possible.
- Solve unstructured accounting issues ensuring complete solutions (process, disclosure, communication) and stakeholder engagement.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACA)
- Proven Experience within Financial Services ideally Banking
- Currently working in a financial control/reporting role with extensive experience of consolidation.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS Standards
- Good knowledge of Financial Statement Disclosures
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to take ownership of unexpected challenges.
This role will involve daily interaction with key stakeholders across the business including the Group Financial Director and it is therefore essential you have exceptional interpersonal skills. The position offers a clear career progression path to the Group Head of Consolidation Financial Control within 6-12 months.