Group Financial Controller
- £120K + Bonus + Corporate benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- One Ten Associates
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
An AIM-Listed Financial Services group is seeking a Group Financial Controller. This is a new senior appointment for the business, and will be a high-profile role reporting into the Group FD and Co-CEOs of the Group.
As Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for all Group financial reports, both internal and external. You will oversee the preparation and presentation of the monthly financial and business commentary pack for the Board, coordinating input from the finance leads in the different divisions across the business, as well as the Group Finance Manager for whom you will act as line manager. You will work closely with the Group FD in analysing Group and divisional performance, preparing Group forecasts and managing expectations against analyst forecasts.
Externally, you will act as the principal point of contact for the Group auditors and will project manage the delivery of annual and interim accounts, including liaison with the Group’s NOMAD and PR advisers.
Internally, you will take the lead in identifying and implementing improved controls and financial reporting processes across the Group, ensuring the integrity, accuracy and timeliness of all financial information within the Group. You will be expected to lead projects to improve efficiency and automation in internal Group procedures such as accounts payable, payroll and expense management.
This is an exciting and challenging role for an ambitious and conscientious individual, offering significant exposure at main Board level at an AIM-listed organisation, with the opportunity to progress to Group FD in the medium term.
• Oversee all finance and accounting operations across the Group
• Coordinate and present monthly group reporting pack to Board
• Coordinate preparation of group forecasts and budgets, and other ad hoc papers for consideration by the Group Board
• Manage the bi-annual audit process and preparation of financial statements
• Act as the principal liaison with external stakeholders including auditors, NOMAD and PR advisers
• Oversee all FCA reporting across the Group
• Perform independent review of submissions from operating divisions, ensuring integrity of financial information throughout the Group
• Implement and maintain a robust control environment across the Group with regard to areas such as intercompany balances, control account reconciliations, WIP and debtors
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Identify and implement system and process improvements involving financial systems across the group – areas for immediate attention include invoice approval; payment processing; payroll; and expenses
• Line manage the Group Finance Manager and act as a sounding board for the divisional finance teams
• Excellent academic record: minimum 2:1 degree from top tier university
• ACA qualified with Top 10 firm
• 5 years + PQE including experience in a finance team in industry
• Experience of listed company requirements (familiarity with AIM Rules particularly sought)
• Personable and professional, presenting well to internal and external stakeholders
• Strong written and numerical skills
• High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel