Aon are currently recruiting a Group Reporting Accounting Manager to join our team in London.
The Group Reporting Accounting Manager will be primarily focused on managing the Group Reporting Process for the UK – specifically UK Consolidation of all Business Units with a strong focus on Balance Sheet and Working Capital Analytics. The role will work closely with the EMEA and Corporate Consolidations teams and the EMEA Working Capital group.
The role will also be responsible for the delivery of all the main Pensions accounting requirements (including the quarterly statutory requirements and the performance of the annual SOX controls for Pensions), as well as overseeing all other areas of Central Accounting which directly impact UK Controller teams. This role will involve working closely with the UK GL Krakow teams and Genpact Teams, who will be performing the transactional parts of these requirements.
Work closely with the EMEA Finance Centre in Krakow to collaborate on financial reporting, analysis and finance initiatives that support Aon strategic objectives.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Group Reporting Accounting Manager:
- Manage UK monthly close timetable, COP checklists and requirements, including any late/topside entries in a timely manner;
- Review and submit to CCG various reconciliations including AR ageing, IIS, Goodwill and Equity, produced by Group Reporting and UK GL Krakow Team members;
- BS Variance analysis - liaise with functions/teams to understand movements and chase queries from review on the other submissions to consolidate the balance sheet review performed by different controllership team members, before review by UKI /UK Controllers and submission to CCG team;
- Review Working Capital and DSO metrics every month, obtain historical data of performance per Workday account level to prepare templates for plan, forecasts and recasts, working closely with UK Business and other accounting functions to finalise each Q plan/forecast;
- Manage Aon UK Group Insurance processes, payments, accounting and data submissions to Aon’s Brokers;
- Manage relationship for UK External Audit (E&Y) – Substantive testing at Q3 and Year End;
- IFRS and RMAR Pensions reporting - Prepare Stats pension adjustments journal for Aon UK Ltd / Aon Hewitt Ltd, plus annual review of actuarial reports and posting of journals into IFRS. Agree DTA with tax team Tax and agree Qtrly adjustments provided by BU Controllers;
- Annually manage Pension SOX Controls process with E&Y and Aon Hewitt Ltd Actuaries and prepare pension disclosures for statutory accounts;
- Manage overall Central Accounting functions with touch-points directly to BU Controllers & External Audit (Fixed Assets / Accounts Payable / Errors & Omissions), working closely with UK GL team in Krakow, Genpact Teams and EMEA Shared Services EFC teams where applicable, who are performing transactional side of these requirements);
- Work collaboratively with the UK Finance, EMEA Finance Centre, Genpact and other teams within the organisation to complete tasks and activities more effectively;
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- University Degree in numerate discipline;
- Qualified Accountant [CIMA / ACCA / ACA Qualifications];
Experience and knowledge:
- Knowledge of relevant systems (HFM SmartView, Workday Financials, Cadency, Service Now and Coupa etc) and Aon’s policies and processes;
- Experience of working in a dynamic, multinational and fast paced environment;
- Significant experience managing close processes and preparing/reviewing key, complex accounting submissions (Equity, Investment in Subsidiaries, Working Capital and DSO requirements etc);
- Very good at managing a significant number of key relationships and influencing colleagues of different levels and with Internal and External Auditors;
- Strong knowledge of required IFRS/US GAAP adjustments and differences for Pensions, Legal transactions (Errors & Omissions) and other Central Accounting Functions;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Self-starter with a disciplined and organised approach to work;
- Effective communicator with the ability to influence;
- Impeccable attention to detail.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.