Group Tax Accountant
- £45-£60k plus bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Maldon Partners
- 13 Sep 18
This role is an excellent opportunity for a part-qualified or recently qualified accountant with some exposure to either corporation tax or VAT to pursue a specialist career within taxation. It is equally an excellent opportunity for a candidate with direct experience in a tax role to build upon their expertise in a challenging and fast paced environment.
The client is a diversified Financial Services group with specific expertise in the derivatives broking sector. They are highly profitable and are going through a period of expansion in terms of both product offering and headcount, which is the reason for the present vacancy.
This role will join the Group Tax team but work will crossover with the Group Financial Accounting team. The firm have an excellent culture of promoting employees internally, and many of their senior staff began their careers in more junior roles witihn the firm and have worked their way up with regular role changes and promotions.
- To assist the Group Head of Tax support all areas of the business with relevant advice on all direct and indirect taxation matters.
KEY PERFORMANCE DELIVERABLES INCLUDE:
- Preparation of the Group Tax Accounting provisions on a monthly, interim and annual basis for current and deferred tax in line with IFRS and local GAAP requirements.
- Assisting the Legal Entity Control team with the reporting of the current and deferred tax provisions, ensuring compliance with accounting standards.
- Monitoring and analysing the Effective Tax Rate to assist the Finance Team understand the impacts of tax adjustments.
- Monitoring and maintaining reconciliations for all control accounts in line with UK Senior Accounting Officer requirements and other jurisdictions.
- Liaise with the Accounts Payable Team and Accounts Receivable Team to ensure correct interpretation and application of UK VAT invoicing rules.
- Liaise with the Legal Entity Control team to assist in the preparation and review of quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation of quarterly EC Sales returns.
- Preparation of UK legal entity Corporation Tax returns.
- Assist with the preparation of support documentation for the foreign corporation tax returns.
- Assist with monitoring withholding tax issues and compliance
- Assistance with adhoc tax projects and the review and maintenance of the group Transfer Pricing Policy and documentation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Financial services or large group background.
- Experience of VAT cross border transactions preferred
- Experience of Alpha Tax would be an advantage, as would experience of Oracle or Peoplesoft
- At lesat Part-qualified accountant (if not fully qualified) and/or equivalent tax qualification. Training assistance is available.