Guideline Implementation and Control Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Meredith Brown Associates
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
An opportunity has arisen within this highly regarded city-based Asset Manager for an experienced Guideline Monitoring Manager to join this Front Office function and be an integral member of the Mandate Control team.
Role & Responsibilities
- The Mandate Control team are responsible for the implementation, coding and monitoring of investment guidelines. The team are integral to front office processes and are sat amongst the fund management team and client solutions group, working closely with them to ensure guidelines are operationally sound and that investment risk limits are adhered to.
- The Guideline Implementation and Control Manager will manage a small team responsible for reviewing LDI investment guidelines prior to their execution so to ensure i) the guidelines accurately reflect the client’s intent and strategy and ii) guidelines are operationally viable and in line with firm’s key principles
- Work closely with the Client Solutions Group to proactively manage the guideline review process
- Attend guideline execution meetings with the client team, fund managers and quant analysts. Collaborate with the attendees to ensure guidelines are ready for execution
- Manage the LDI investment guideline library. Proactively adapt the library in line with the changing business environment, drafting new templates where required. Train the client teams on how to use the library.
- Produce regular MI on guideline implementation performance
Experience & Qualifications
- Ideally you will have exposure to LDI strategies, if not a solid understanding of Fixed Income and derivative instruments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident, credible and capable in meetings and discussions at all levels, with the gravitas to deal with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to problem solve to ensure projects are completed on time.
- A strong understanding and interest in a range of investment strategies.
- Educated to degree standard in a maths-based subject.
- Qualified at IAQ and IMC level or above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.