HOST Finance Lease Control
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
HOST Finance Lease Control Some careers have more impact than others.
- HOST is HSBC's Technology, Operations and Services division supporting the Global Businesses and Global Functions and currently has a cost base of c. USD 10bn and an employee base of ~85K.
- HOST comprises of 5 Global Functions: Corporate Real Estate (CRE), Technology, Operations, HOST Support Services and Procurement.
- HOST is in the implementation phase of its globalization and transformation programme. This not only involves the implementation of a new organization model, which HOST Finance is supporting, but will also require a significant step-up in the quality of insight provided by HOST Finance, including improving transparency with respect to the HOST cost base, and advising the businesses to influence drivers / cost levers.
- As such there is a requirement for HOST Finance to reposition itself to ensure that it is able to meet the increased expectations of HOST, the Global Businesses and Global Functions, and to evolve into a truly global and commercial finance team.
- Responsible for leading the management of all Operational Lease controlling, including but not limited to Corporate Real Estate & Technology
- Accountability for ensuring that all financial controls, processing, reporting and analysis is conducted in line with the SOX process guidelines and ensuring we are compliant with IFRS 16 / US GAAP globally
- Accountable for ensuring that there are robust, sufficiently communicated and well understood processes for asset recognition, booking, management and eventual demise, for which this role owns the management of.
- Accountable for Operational Lease reporting, forecasting, annual operating planning (AOP), and analytics for balance sheet & income statement in support of the Corporate Real Estate CFO & Technology CFO
- Accountable for ensuring group policy as relates to HOST assets is up to date and associated guidance and process documentation is regularly reviewed and updated
- Accountable for ensuring Assurenet account signoffs are coordinated & documented globally
- Responsible for ensuring asset revaluation exercises and Stress testing needs are met globally
- Support CFO CRE in management activities, including regular updates to the HOST CFO, and CRE & IT COO's.
- Interface directly and business partner with CRE Portfolio Workplace Environments team, Regional CRE Finance, and CRE Global Lease admin partners to ensure all strategies are processed through CRE MI Tools
- Represent HOST Finance in any audit discussions regarding Leasing. Prepare audit schedules etc relating to HOST, and assist the auditors in their enquiries.
- Responsible for Finance Operations team, ensuring:
- All entities are depreciating in accordance with the Group Policies and Procedures
- Forecast and model future Real Estate strategies and acquisitions
- Conduct periodic reviews on CRE Portfolio to ensure right of use assets are accurate
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliation of the accounting in assurenet
- Timely production of monthly Financial reports, which will include insightful commentary, for Flash and Actuals reporting process
- Support the annual budgeting and periodic reforecasting of Operating Leases
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong technical reporting background, with an understanding of IFRS reporting and particular emphasis on 'Internally Developed Software'.
- Ownership of all financial processes and procedures for internally developed software, to include creation, capitalisation and amortisation, and ensuring due diligence and reporting.
- Ability to learn and embed new processes/systems, with proven record of delivering large scale transformation programmes and good working knowledge of finance systems.
- Prior experience working in a complex, global organisational structure, working across multiple time-zones.
- Excellent communications skill, ability to advise and deliver insight to senior management to improve group performance and advise on group policy.
- Commercially aware individual with the ability to design, support project level reporting, within a complex, global structure.
- Lease accounting experience (ServCo may allow use of assets by its "customers" via a lease construct)
- Preferred SME in intangible asset capitalisation, amortisation and impairment processes (i.e. compliance with IAS38 and IAS36). Will be viewed as the SME on internally developed software in a global bank, with the ability to identify and mitigate risk
- Regulatory reporting experience within a FCA regulated environment, and delivery of monthly flash management accounts.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.