Human Resources (HR) serves all business lines and support functions across the bank with a wide range of HR services.
Human Resources Services (HRS) provides HR shared services covering a wide range of processes in the Employee lifecycle, including On-boarding, Employee Data Management, Off-boarding, Payroll, Time & Absence Management, HR & Compensation Administration and Service Delivery as well as HR systems support and Learning Administration. In partnership with Human Resources (HR), HRLS strives to provide excellent customer service through its product offering to employees and managers whilst focusing on process re-engineering and initiatives to enhance the Shared Services role in ICBC Standard Bank.
* Managing enquiries and transactions from managers, employees & HR Business Partners/Specialists from across ICBC Standard Bank via the HRS contact channels (phone, email, face to face, post)
* Taking ownership for the investigation and resolution of complex customer escalations/complaints and urgent exceptions
* Working with other parts of HR to deliver to the client excellent customer service within agreed turnaround times
* Advise Line Managers & employees on policy and procedure, escalating where appropriate to the Business Partner
* Administration of the end to end HR employee lifecycle processes including but not limited to Offer Management, Pre-employment screening, On-boarding, HR Letters, Data Entry Transactions into HRIS, Payroll instructions, learning administration, etc.
* System maintenance (HRIS) in relation to all Personnel data, championing Data integrity and utilising the system to its full capability. Ensuring adequate controls in place to reduce errors. Ensure appropriate internal procedures and controls are in line with best practice HR.
* System maintenance of LMS, in relations to training allocation, championing Data integrity and utilising the system to its full capability. Ensuring adequate controls in place to reduce errors. Ensure appropriate internal procedures and controls are in line with best practice
* Responsible for the document management processes within HR Services, ensuring that all required documentation is filed accordingly to employee personnel records and archiving of files with heavy focus on controlling the filing room, and GDPR requirements.
* Taking ownership for the continued implementation of a "client first" culture in HRS
* Responsible for carrying out key controls within the departmental control function as part of daily, weekly, monthly processing. Manage reporting of issues, including the pre-employment screening processes with the vendor and ensuring HR invoices are processed timely and accurately
* Actively supporting management in the identification and implementation of continuous service improvement initiatives within HRS.
* To ensure that end to end processes are documented in accordance with internal audit, risk and control standards
* Responsible for the maintenance of HRS content on the HR Intranet website and draft internal/external communications and campaigns to advertise HRS, process changes, etc.
* Where required participate in employee relation issues, covering areas such as note taking, exit interviews, sickness meetings, first stage recruitment interviews and provide support to the HRBP as required.
* Advise line managers and employees on Learning policies and procedures (including Study Agreements), escalating where appropriate to the HR Services Manager.
* Provide advice and guidance to managers and staff about a range of learning interventions to support delivery of department business plans and personal objectives.
* Support where required the UK operation in various HR projects, providing operation input to business requirements and operational readiness for implementation
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
Either CIPD qualified, working towards the qualification or interested in doing so
Experience required to successfully perform the role:
* Experience of working in a similar role in HR within a corporate environment
Experience of working within a customer/client service environment
* Experience of working within a large/complex blue chip organization
* Project management experience an advantage
* Knowledge of HR policies, procedures and administration processes desired
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise:
* Strong organisation, prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Strong customer service skills
* Exceptional communication skills - both written and oral
* Highly developed problem solving skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proficiency on all workstation applications e.g. Microsoft Office products
* Ability to deliver to the required service standards in a customer focused environment