Jefferies, the world's only independent full-service global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange, as well as wealth management, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering proactive and high-quality HR services to the Corporate division in Europe apart from Operations and Information Technology. The role will be responsible for full oversight of HR support for the following divisions: Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk Management, Tax, Internal Audit, Facilities and Marketing. The total population size is c.150 perm and temporary employees. Temporary employees are managed through a recruitment partner but some HR oversight and advice for this population is required.
The role is based in London and has a reporting line to the European Head of Markets and Corporate HR. The role encompasses both strategic and operational dimensions and will involve working closely with the Heads of the Corporate functions. The main Stakeholder will be the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer for JIL.
The successful candidate will act as a trusted advisor and will provide support to the business across the full range of HR disciplines as outlined below:
• Performance Management
Work closely with senior management to ensure the performance feedback process is managed effectively. This includes but is not limited to: coaching managers to deliver effective mid-year and year-end reviews; attending relevant roundtables and/or committee meetings as appropriate; preparing all appropriate meeting materials; advising senior management on outcomes; and working closely with the global team for parity.
• Employee Relations
Manage complex ER issues (i.e. disciplinary processes, restructuring activity etc.) in a sensitive and timely manner. Will work in conjunction with our employment legal team to avoid and mitigate risk. Will be expected to take the lead and drive processes to successful conclusion. Will also be expected to be the point of escalation for any ER matters supported by the HR team and will also be responsible for providing HR support to any formal employee relations that arise from Employees working outside of Corporate (IB and Global Markets).
Work closely with the COO/CFO and Divisional Heads during the year-end compensation round, providing guidance with respect to compensation in line with corporate policy and assisting Divisional Heads with allocation of salary and bonus pools (line by line planning for their departments).
• Learning and Development
Work with the business to identify and implement training needs and work with external parties to propose suitable and cost-effective solutions. Opportunity to also write and deliver training if appropriate and if experienced.
• Recruitment (Lateral and Campus)
Liaise with the Talent Acquisition group as well as the Campus Recruiting team to ensure consistency, accuracy and parity. Manage hiring approval processes in line with Global approval matrix and process.
Work with CFO and Regional Heads to implement meaningful and impactful people initiatives (employee engagement, diversity and inclusion). Manage ad-hoc projects as required by either Corporate senior management and/or global HR senior management.
Assist with on-time implementation of all corporate HR initiatives, tailored appropriately to local requirements/business requirements for example; oversight of the year-end promotion round for the Corporate function.
Assist with the roll-out of regulatory required tasks (SMCR, GDPR etc.)
Skills and Experience
• Experience working in a global, highly matrixed Financial Services firm is essential.
• Experience with working with Senior Management levels / stakeholders and ability to coach senior levels through difficult conversations and employee matters.
• Exposure across a broad HR remit including recruitment, performance management, talent management, promotions, retention, employee relations and visibility of compensation, and budgeting.
• Proven ability to gain credibility at all levels quickly; good demonstrable relationship management skills.
• Experience working effectively as part of a team, demonstrating initiative and proactively contributing ideas, views and recommendations for best practices and process improvement.
• Ability to work independently with a high-level of accuracy and strong attention to detail, while adhering to tight deadlines.
• Ability to collect, analyse, and distil information for management presentations.
• Pragmatic, results-driven and “can do” attitude is essential.
• HRIS experience – system navigation, data maintenance, reporting, etc.
• Advanced Excel skills is preferred– proficient with VLOOKUPs, PivotTables, Conditional Formatting.