HR Project Manager/Business Analyst - Contract - Fund Management
- £550 - £650p/d
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Finshore Partners
- 08 Aug 18 2018-08-08
This role is responsible for leading the transition to a new HR operating model with implementation of new outsourced services, systems and the embedding of new business processes. This is a hands-on role working closely with a small HR team (5), the Business and Technology teams to create and deliver project work plans, implementing new systems, services and associated processes within the context of HR’s transformational programme.
The successful applicant will bring the relevant business and technical knowledge required to:
- elicit and understand the ‘As-Is’ and ‘To-Be’ stakeholder requirements to drive vendor selection as well as implementation activity.
- identify opportunities for improvement in conjunction with HR SMEs.
- determine and support the scope of changes required to achieve the business improvements.
- lead the RFP and vendor selection processes to establish scope requirements and on board relevant vendor partner/s.
- lead the integrated implementation and embedding of a new Payroll Service, Compensation System, Deferrals Management System, Pension provider and Compliance learning systems/services.
- manage input to process definition, systems set up, integrations and testing to transfer existing services/processes from legacy provider/s to our client.
- plan and support the business’ transition to the new systems and services.
You will have a key role in designing, developing and implementing changes by:
- delivering key project tasks, supporting / facilitating decision making and managing dependencies across the blended projects and work-streams.
- compiling project, resource and communication plans, facilitating workshops and meetings as required.
- providing workstream status updates and governance as required by the overall Programme, including inputting to the plans, time and cost estimates.
- establishing ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ processes, completing impact assessment of gaps and defining/implementing the plan for migrating to the ‘to-be’.
- facilitating requirements gathering and solution piloting workshops, managing requirements and agreeing solution designs with key stakeholders.
- liaising with key stakeholders on the appropriate design, development and implementation of the solution/s and business system/service changes.
- working with delivery partners and system integrators to design the overall solution and configure the new systems and services.
- determining the data setup, and support the data management, cleansing, migration and archiving of legacy data.
- working with the Test Manager, define the test strategy, perform acceptance unit and system testing, and facilitate user acceptance testing.
- supporting, and where necessary coordinating, user training and training material.
- supporting the business change requirements and change management activity with information, advice, guidance and knowledge transfers.
- working proactively with HR SME’s to coordinate and manage the activity tasks for the project prior to, during and after ‘Go-Live’.
- coordinating the post ‘Go-Live’ business handover activities and supporting the project close down.
The role has day to day oversight of a contract HR Data Analyst also working on the programme.
- Educated to at least degree level, or with equivalent work experience
- Ideally has a recognised project qualification (e.g. PRINCE 2, MSP)
- Strong functional payroll knowledge (subject matter expert)
- Payroll and Reward systems/services – strong experience of processes and technology
- Payroll Service transition experience
- Project Management and Business Analysis expertise, preferably within the HR technology domain
- HR functional change management, including business processes and systems
- RFP/Vendor selection experience
- Management of 3rd-party technical implementation partners
- Selection and implementation of implementation of HR payroll and reward systems
- Minimum 5 years’ project management experience in an asset management environment
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Able to relate to people at all levels.
- Able to lead assignments and drive them forward.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including active listening.
- Analytical, creative and interpretative/judgmental thinking.
- Good personal time management skills.
- Able to work autonomously, but knows when to escalate.
- Proven project delivery capability.
- Strong team player with a track record of working effectively in a collaborative environment.