HR Transformation Consultant / Senior Consultant, Defence, Security & Justice, Regions/London
Your opportunity Want to help keep the country and its citizens safe?
Want to work with those who do so on a daily basis? Want to shape the capability and solutions they use to achieve this? Then look no further - you're home...
We are looking for disrupters, thought leaders, people who are passionate about people to join our world leading HR Transformation practice within the Defense, Security and Justice Sectors. We help our clients navigate some of the biggest and most complex people related challenges on their agenda, bringing experience from all sectors and world class thought leadership to the DS&J client base.
We are proud of the impact we have with our DS&J clients, the strength of our relationships, and the depth & breadth of our skills that we bring to help them achieve their mission - we are privileged to be asked to work with them at the heart of their biggest and most ambitious transformation programmes.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
With over 800 professionals in the UK, our Human Capital practice is renowned for providing distinctive depth and breadth of HR and Organisational Transformation services to clients undertaking complex major programmes and Deloitte is the recognised global leader in HR Consulting, Transformation and Technology with over 300 blue-chip credentials.
Within Human Capital, the HR & Technology Advisory practice consistently innovates and drives HR Transformation for some of the largest UK public sector organisations and well known global brands.
As a Consultant/Senior Consultant in the HRT DS&J sector you will be joining a rapidly growing part of the business that partners with our clients to help them tackle people related challenges. This could be building a new people and workforce strategy, employee brand, employee value proposition, redesigning end to end talent processes, development and capability pathways and everything in between.
Specific responsibilities include:
Your work, your choice
- Owning and leading work streams of activity within client engagements and managing teams of Consultants and Analysts
- Developing client relationships through effective stakeholder engagement
- Carrying out research, data collection and analysis, applying rigorous logic to deliver insight and innovative solutions to clients
- Interviewing client employees and managers and facilitating meetings and workshops
- Assisting in the preparation of high quality deliverables such as documents and presentations which present client recommendations
- Working with Client counterparts on scoping pieces of work including gathering requirements, gathering feedback and input for workshops or meetings and checking understanding
- Overseeing junior members of the team specifically Analysts and the deliverables they are responsible for
- Effectively work in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London/Regions, mainly UK based with a need to be on client site the majority of the time
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time/part-time Your professional experience
- Have expertise in one or more of the following areas: HR operations, HR transformation programmes, enabling HR technologies, shared services, digital HR, HR organisation design or a specialist HR area (e.g. learning, recruitment, benefits, reward, performance and talent)
- Strategic analysis of future organisational capabilities and trends and implementing these to improve business performance and the employee experience
- Possess excellent facilitation, communication and data analysis skills and have an ability to influence others
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of HR and the function it performs in a business context
- Be able to apply knowledge and expertise in a range of client scenarios, focusing on high quality even in high pressured, time critical situations
- Proven ability to assess and deliver new HR service delivery and HR operating models considering business demands and more efficient ways of working
- Experience of working with new HR Technology and experience of analysis of an organisation's HR requirements, employee experience, processes and pain points to ensure the identification and implementation of the most suitable enabling technology
Your service line: Consulting
- An understanding of or preferably experience with robotics and automation for process optimization
- Awareness of artificial intelligence (AI) and cognitive computing to enable information management, data analysis and predictive systems
- An understanding of how virtual reality and/or augmented reality can be leveraged to support employee retention, learning & development, engagement and productivity
- Awareness of using technology to allow for innovative ways to engage with employees throughout the employee lifecycle
- Appreciation of the digital roadmap, including risk management and staying a breadth of new digital tools
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last three years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BAHUCC
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 167021