HSBC - MI Developer - Contract - 6 months
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
Overview: HSBC Global Banking Technology has created a division to serve Client Profitability and Portfolio Analytics (CPPA) business areas. The CPPA organisation is accountable for the calculation of Group Finance mandated client profitability metrics, portfolio analysis of the entire wholesale banking portfolio, pricing of new deals and distribution of portfolio & return metrics to senior management and relationship managers across 60+ countries.
HSBC Global Banking Technology has created a division to serve Client Profitability and Portfolio Analytics (CPPA) business areas. The CPPA organisation is accountable for the calculation of Group Finance mandated client profitability metrics, portfolio analysis of the entire wholesale banking portfolio, pricing of new deals and distribution of portfolio & return metrics to senior management and relationship managers across 60+ countries.
This group aspires to be technically innovative, agile and responsive and currently builds technology by complying to disciplined and iterative Agile development & DevOps process relying on advancements in user experience, information architecture, Big Data, QlikView, QlikSense and mobile development using HTML5/AngularJS.
An MI Developer is required to work on a number of MI/BI projects within the Dashboard team of the above department.
The role will require working directly with multiple business change management and IT teams.
Purpose of the job:
This role will require previous experience in delivering IT solutions for management information reporting functions.
Develop IT systems using group approved technologies
Ensure the delivery of code is both timely and of quality to meet HSBC standards.
To manage the various ceremonies needed for a successful agile project, including as priority, planning meetings, scrums and retrospectives.
Liaise with Project Manager to highlight risks and issues and to ensure development achievements are reported.
To drive improvements in the quality of code delivery and testing practises across the team
To encourage and partake in the on going usage of Agile tools for requirements capture/development progress/test tracking.
* Will have a proven track record delivering Qlikview Dashboards (including version12.10) gained through several large scale projects.
* Knowledge of QlikSense including latest version releases and experience of QlikSense extensions.
* Administrator experience with Qlikview in an enterprise organisation (QMC etc.).
* Experience designing data structures (relational databases and warehouses) and optimising reporting tools: developing dashboards which are user friendly, fast and easy to use.
* Data warehousing.
* Will have experience working with complex data structures, in a high pressure environment for senior business people
* Experience with all phases of the Reporting Life Cycle: ability to manage overall process from logging business requests through to their delivery into production - including specification, prioritisation, development, quality control
* Experience and passion for test driven development
* Experience of financial reporting and layout: i.e reports to look and feel the same/logical format/internal consistency
* Comfortable operating in an Agile team, self starter, motivated, able to work accurately and without supervision
* Experience working with offshore development, analysis & test teams
* Experience of working on requirements for multiple business user groups.
* Strong relationship management and influencing skills to ensure business teams remain engaged.
* Working with dispersed analysis/development teams to ensure deliverables fulfil business requirements and quality levels
* Personable - ability to work with teams at all levels of seniority and to gain confidence and backing of the business.
* Working individually or within a team to implement appropriate process solutions.
* Tenacity to follow up on individuals/groups with project dependencies
* Good communication and interpersonal/people skills.
* Self-sufficient with a hands-on 'can do' attitude.
* Innovative and independent thinker.
* Flexibility and appreciation of need for pragmatism where appropriate.
* Ability to create innovative solutions.
* Ability to operate under pressure.
* Experience in NPrinting.
* Experience with G3, GitHub, Ansible s