HSBC - PMO - Equities, BSM, GFX, FI, GMCS Sales - 6 months
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
The successful candidate will be providing support to the Fed Order.
- Help confirm the scope of the programme and confirm the completeness of items identified for remediation;
- Collate documents, data and associated MI to support an assessment of the design effectiveness and adequacy of the controls in place to mitigate/ manage the identified risks. The assessment should include a review to ensure adherence with firm policies in place;
- Work with traders and infrastructure staff to design a set of controls as part of a Conduct Framework to address gaps identified during the assessment process;
- Work with Sales and Trading stakeholders and the appropriate infrastructure teams, including Technology, to define an implementation plan and determine how the implementation can be optimized and/ or phased to put effective controls in place efficiently. Identify appropriate technology solutions to enhance control and determine where interim tactical solutions are required;
- Draft clear and concise procedures which provide effective guidance for sales and trading and design training to communicate and reinforce procedure change.
- Ensure all assessment, design and implementation activities engage an appropriate and complete set of stakeholders across relevant product groups and supporting infrastructure functions and are performed within the defined scope of the programme and support its objectives;
- Support the Head of the FRB - DMA Order Programme in the creation of the appropriate programme communications for multiple levels of stakeholders;
- Work with Head of FRB - DMA Order Programme to ensure adequate delivery plans are defined and agreed with the relevant stakeholders, ensuring planning is performed at the appropriate level such that all stakeholders involved in the production of deliverables are engaged and clearly understand how their contribution meets the objectives and benefits targeted by the wider programme;
- Actively identify, assess and manage risks and issues that arise in defining a control framework for conflicts, ensuring they are monitored and managed appropriately to minimise impact on delivery, escalating to the Head of FRB - DMA Order, as required;
- Provide status reporting including visibility on status against milestones, and transparency of risks and issues.
- Bachelor's or equivalent University degree
- Business Analyst/PM experience (at least 5 years relevant experience in IB Front Office environment);
- Evidence of a successful track record delivering change in a IB Front Office environment;
- Has experience of delivering non-technology driven as well as technology driven change;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent written skills and experience of drafting policies and procedures;
- Good communication skills and ability to operate at multiple levels;
- Attention to detail;
- Has experience of managing senior stakeholders and ability to build strong relationships;
- Collaborative style with ability to quickly build trust and credibility;
- Good understanding of project management and business analysis best practices, methodologies
- and the project lifecycle;
- Strong delivery focus.
- IB Sales & Trading experience including an understanding of conflicts of interest, trading controls,
- control frameworks, risk management & regulatory demands;
- MS Excel/ PowerPoint.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels;
- Able to multi-task and prioritize;
- A proactive, self-starter, who is can be relied upon to act on initiative;
- Can do' attitude with a willingness to roll-up the sleeves in order to get things done;
- Manages to balance structure & best practice versus pragmatism;
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and
procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank
plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.
- Non Functional Testing (Performance testing) including Performance Testing tools
- Accessibility Testing