Have the experience and gravitas to lead USSIMs first foray into investing in public market Asset Backed Securities (ABS). Understanding of risks and best sourcing methods for a substantial Sterling Senior ABS portfolio, work with internal teams to develop appropriate mandate guidelines for ABS investment mandates to best suit the schemes investment appetite. Be the principal point of knowledge and expertise within USSIM for ABS. Work with the Head of Fixed Income and the Head of Investment Strategy to understand USSIMs investment needs and advantages to direct the future ABS investments to best suit the scheme.
- Managing the internal ABS mandates.
- Portfolio construction and implementation to extract most value out of available Investment universe.
- Design and apply improvements to the investment process and have a full understanding of all the investment mandate constraints and controls.
- Attain best execution results.
- Thorough understanding of the company-wide day-to-day controls.
- Assist in all operational queries and coordinate closely with Operations and Middle Office teams.
- Source investment opportunities and leverage external resources for the scheme.
- Develop close relationships with key sell-side trading desks, syndicates and research.
- Internal key relationships are other peers across FI, PAIR (Performance and Investment Risk), Investment Strategy & Advice (ISA), Manager Selection and Private Markets Group (PMG).
- Aim to collaborate/ share expertise across the various teams to maximise benefit to USSIM.
Managing Processes and Future Focus
- Develop and implement investment process
- Portfolio management / Risk modelling techniques
- Proficient in Excel and Bloomberg
- Work well in a small team
- Attention to detail
- Clear communication
- Good writing ability (synthesise complex ideas into concise reports)
- Understanding of the end to end investment process including back end operations
- Experience of delivering updates and overviews of markets and performance to board level individuals
USSIM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We value a home and work life balance and will consider flexible working options.