The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Compliance functions internal compliance reporting responsibilities as well as its internal governance responsibilities around annual activity/risk planning, policies and instructions, horizon scanning and regulatory change and compliance monitoring action tracking
A well known and reputable banking group
The positions primary focus will be ensuring that all compliance reporting to the Group, Chief Compliance Officer and relevant Committees is completed in a timely manner and to a high standard.
The other main focus of the role is on internal compliance governance. The role will be responsible for maintaining a number of department wide documents, liaising with all teams in the department to consolidate information and provide an overall view across compliance.
- A sound understanding of the regulatory environment and regulatory requirements in the Banking industry
- Previous compliance experience a necessity (either in house or consultancy experience)
- Previous practical experience of creating and drafting compliance reports for senior stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to compliance committees and minute taking would be beneficial, but not a necessity
- An ambitious individual with strong organisational and influencing skills
- The ability to work on own initiative without needing direction and to lead by example
- Excellent attention to detail, with a strong focus on producing high quality work
- Strong analytical ability and structured approach
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage and communicate change effectively
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
a competitive package, interesting role with career opportunity.