Head of Compliance Monitoring
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Funding Circle
- 06 Feb 18 2018-02-06
This is an excellent opportunity to take up a newly created role in a leading Fintech with an excellent and vibrant culture.
As Head of Compliance Monitoring, you will…
● Have full oversight of Funding Circle’s risk-based Compliance Monitoring Programme and will lead, with colleagues in our other markets, on maintaining and revising monitoring and testing standards and procedures
● Execute monitoring reviews (desk/thematic) in accordance with the Programme, including control design assessment and effectiveness testing
● Lead on Compliance Risk Assessment and ensuring effective running of Risk and Control Self Assessments (“RCSA) for Reputation and Conduct Risks in close cooperation with colleagues in Enterprise Risk Management
● Create and own an annual risk based monitoring plan
● Be willing to challenge management and existing processes
● Be commercially minded, always looking for solutions that satisfy Compliance requirements but minimise adverse business impact
● Liaise with the business and Senior Management in respect to ongoing monitoring and management of open compliance actions
● Represent Compliance at internal meetings and Committees where required.
● Be pro-active in following emerging regulatory trends and best practices across the industry
● Take responsibility to protect the integrity and reputation of the business and promote a culture of compliance and good conduct.
● Oversee Compliance registers for PA dealing and external interests
● Continually consider how to automate controls and make processes more efficient. You will be part of a working group to identify and implement a GRC system
● The role will require coverage across other Funding Circle operations. Therefore, the candidate should be prepared to travel.
● Provide input to the training and development plans for new and existing direct reports
● Define the role and objectives of direct reports
● Responsible for performance management reviews of direct reports
You’ve been there and done this…
● Significant, relevant experience conducting Compliance monitoring and testing for a financial services firm in the UK covering retail and institutional business
● Must be able to understand and apply outcome focused regulation and have a sound risk awareness whilst maintaining an awareness of commercial pressures on the firm
● Focused attitude to work with the ability to consistently meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail, and high level of accuracy
● Superior interpersonal and communication skills
● Good report writing and presentation skills
● Ability to build good rapport with stakeholders across the business,
● Ability to analyse complex sets of data,
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel),
● Dedicated team player with an analytical and practical mind-set,
● Inquisitive and curious by nature.
It would be great if you’ve also…
● Dutch and/or German language skills desirable but not required,
● Prior experience with small business lending and/or platform-based lending,
● Excel macros, SQL, Python or R (any skill level) would be a bonus.
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. With teams in London, San Francisco, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.