Head of Compliance | London | International Bank
- £750-£1100 p.d.
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Hamlyn Williams
- 16 May 18 2018-05-16
Our client is a leading international payment firm that require the services of a Head of Compliance for its growing London based operation that specialise in international payments, multi-currency accounts and FX services to SMEs and PSPs with a turnover between £5-50 million a year. They are a 21st century bank that have created a bespoke service to bring innovative, international banking and transparent fee tariffs.
Role: Head of Compliance
Type: Contract (6 months)
- The central feature of this role will involve oversight of regulatory compliance and AML and CTF programmes across the EMEA region and fostering a strong culture of regulatory compliance, AML and CTF awareness.
- The first major responsibility is to maintain the risk assessments across all programmes.
- They will ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- The incoming hire will help oversee and manage all Compliance training, record management, current licensing, suspicious activity monitoring, and all exams and audits.
- Further, they will manage the resolution of issues identified in both the latter.
- They will also attend to any law enforcement requests.
- They will partake in reporting, to inform executive management on the status of regulatory compliance.
- Leveraging the company’s best-in-class practices, they will oversee anti-fraud programmes across the region and roll them out in new countries.
- They will inherit and manage a team of ten and by building it out, create capability which frees them to focus on the more strategic and advisory tasks.
- It also includes influencing global policies, risk frameworks in terms of onboarding new partners, correspondents and marketing campaigns and marketing campaigns (on consumer and data protection issues).
- Compliance Subject Matter Expertise: Will be steeped in AML/KYC/CTF/Consumer Protection best practice and know how to leverage this to enable sustainable growth.
- Understand the compliance governing the consumer finance and foreign exchange industries.
- Will know how to implement best compliance, audit, and risk assessment practices and resolve outstanding issues.
- Familiar with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Payment Services Directive (PSD2).
- Able to share and co-create best practice with the broader global compliance team.
- They may have a recognised compliance diploma.
- Whilst immediately knowledgeable and experienced in the relevant markets, will have broad knowledge of the international compliance landscape.
- The intellectual agility to rapidly learn new laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance in all relevant territories.
- Will have a holistic understanding of global and regional compliance initiatives.
- Will know how to implement best-in-class compliance, audit, and risk assessment practices and resolve outstanding issues, as well as conducting correspondent reviews.
- Will be comfortable working in a high-growth environment.
- Have the commercial acumen to align company goals with compliance best practice.
- Will be proactive in engaging with regulators in new countries.
- Able to advise on all compliance aspects and escalate issues accordingly