Head of Compliance and Risk (Asset Servicing)
- £140,000 + package and bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Eximius Finance
- 20 Feb 19
My client, a leading global bank, is currently recruiting for a 'Head of Compliance & Risk' to join their asset servicing banking division which is dedicated to their asset manager, bank, institutional and corporate clients.
UK Branch Oversight & Governance
- Member and Secretary of the UK Compliance and Risk Committee (CRC)
- UK Branch financial regulatory reporting (e.g. GABRIEL)
- Maintain/develop and deliver local AML/CTF, Compliance, Risk and Permanent Controls frameworks
- Promote and ensure adherence to the Branch’s compliance and internal control policies and procedures and all relevant regulations and legislation
- Develop, review and maintain oversight of the Compliance Program and related periodic reporting
- Identify potential areas of regulatory or compliance vulnerability and risk, develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues. Provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure appropriate disclosure of information and where necessary, oversee and ensure compliance with deficiencies, if any.
- Review external audit findings and implement new policies and procedures, where appropriate.
- Participate in UK CRC meetings; maintain minutes and records of such meetings, ensure development and implementation of policies, procedures and tasks arising therefrom.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of reports to Internal Control and Risk and Compliance committees regarding compliance violations. Keep management up-to-date on violations and efforts to deal with and avoid such situations
- Advise AML Group with respect to handling compliance queries, such as Know Your Client (“KYC”) documentation, applying the AML/CTF KYC checklists for investors in client funds, and working with Investment Managers on queries.
- Review Factiva hits and when necessary, work with AML Group to determine specific enhanced due diligence to be applied if the hit cannot be cleared.
- Maintain/develop UK compliance policies, controls and procedures within Group frameworks
- Develop UK compliance manual, in conjunction with Head Office Compliance function
- Establish and deliver proportionate independent compliance monitoring
- Identify and deliver on local compliance training needs and administer group compliance training (e-learning)
- Liaise with compliance auditors and manage internal and external compliance audits (e.g. CACEIS Inspection and CASS audit).
- Ensure all employees of CACEIS UK Branch complete annual compliance training
- Participate in professional compliance organisations.
- Maintain ongoing and up-to-date training and certifications in relation to Compliance Regulations.
- Develop UK risk policies, in conjunction with Head Office Risk function
- Maintain and deliver AML/CTF risk assessment, policy and procedures and International Sanctions compliance
- Group Risk, Compliance and Permanent Controls reporting
- Support the identification, assessment, measurement and reporting of operational risk and mitigation of same
- Implement Group-wide policies and tools concerning depositary control and risk and compliance issues such as monitoring and reporting of incidents; risk mapping; new process implementation; and “know your customer” procedures
- Monitor and manage regulatory change with other senior managers, continuously monitor and evaluate regulatory and industry changes affecting the Branch
- Monitor and oversee payment of annual regulatory fees.
- Brexit contingency planning
- Act as the UK representative in transversal projects
- Keep the procedures manual for the department up-to-date
- Devise improvements and efficiencies to operating procedures
Legal and Regulatory Responsibilities
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal Compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, the CACEIS London Compliance Manual and the Financial Crime Policy.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure to be fully qualified to undertake the role. Complete all mandatory training as required to attain and maintain competence.