Head of Credit Risk, FIG
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
See job description for details
- Role responsible for assessing credit risk exposure
- Provide expertise on deal structuring, risk management, and policy
- Reports to the Chief Risk Officer Europe & America
Role Location: 40 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5EJ, UK
Role Type: Permanent, full-time
As the Head of Credit Risk FIG (Financial Institutions Group), you will be responsible for the assessment & approval, within delegated authority, for the credit risk exposure to ANZ’s E&A (covering London, New York, Frankfurt, Paris) Financial Institutions and Non-Bank Financial Institution counterparties. This role carries particular responsibility for the Funds business in E&A. This role will also have some staff supervision/ management responsibility, the extent of which will depend on the qualifications of the successful candidate.
In this role, you will engage with the FIG business, Risk Leadership, Global Markets teams (Relationship Managers, Research & Analysis, Markets), and the CRO to:
- Ensure that transactions are comprehensively assessed for risk in a timely and globally consistent manner
- Ensure that the FIG E&A portfolio remains within the articulated boundaries of risk appetite & strategy
- Undertake portfolio management, risk analytics, and reporting
- Challenge, enhance, implement, and streamline simplification processes across the global FIG portfolio and to align with market standard best practices
- Undertake global segment head and policy responsibilities to embed risk appetite consistently across all regions
- Work closely with the FIG business, R&A teams, and Global Markets to provide guidance & training on risk issues
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- 10 years relevant credit risk experience, including exposure to a broad range of FIG counterparty types, industries & complex transactions
- Experience in cross border transactions in the Funds sector
- Broad geographic experience and knowledge of working with global counterparties
- Structuring experience in regards to complex transactions
- Solid understanding of derivatives, trade, and loan products
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and to communicate with various parties (legal, middle office, front office, sales, credit, relationship managers, etc.), segments, and cultures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage concurrent priorities, and deliver real-time business demands
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and confidently communicate key risks to Senior Risk & Business Executives
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills (as face to face customer meetings occur regularly)
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isn’t valued.
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours – things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers.
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number UNI000598.
This role is based in London, United Kingdom. The salary package on offer is competitive.
Application opening date: 15 March 2019
Application closing date: 13 April 2019
72% of Australian workers want the opportunity to work flexibly. Hear from ANZ staff about how they take advantage of our range of flexible options, including volunteer and lifestyle leave