Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an International dairy trading house looking to hire a Head of Dairy to set up a new European division.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for setting up a European dairy trading desk and team for an international dairy trading company, primarily focused on trading commoditised cheese, also covering milk powder, whey powder, cheese, butter, liquid milk, condensed milk, evaporated milk etc
- Developing and expanding into the European dairy market for both international sourcing as well as inter-European trading
- Lead and manage the dairy trading portfolio of activity across domestic and international markets, creating an enthusiastic and energizing work environment generally enhancing the company’s international footprint within the dairy trading market
- Engage in and develop the company’s strategic development plan focusing on potential areas of economic / strategic value within the dairy trading market
- Role reports into Global Trading Director – Dairy
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in trading dairy products, preferably commoditised cheese - other products such as milk powder, whey powder, cheese, butter, liquid milk, condensed milk, evaporated milk etc are also important
- Understanding of dairy products manufacturing with strong links both for the sourcing and sales of various dairy products into the wider European and International markets
- Experience in a management role, managing or setting up a new desk with the ability to onboard, train and mentor a new team.
- Must have a demonstrable successful trading track record within dairy and a transferable portfolio for sourcing and sales of dairy products.
- Location is flexible within the European Union or United Kingdom.