My client, a prestigious Asset Manager, is looking to hire an experienced Head of Data Management to work within their Operations business and facilitate the growth of a new Data Management Function. The organisation launched in recent years and is highly successful and have implemented market leading technology and operations platforms.
- Maintain master data quality in line with Business needs through Markit EDM application.
- Setup and maintenance of reference data entities ensuring the integrity and consistency of data across EDM and Thinkfolio.
- Perform data quality checks and exceptions management remediation.
- Configuration and ongoing data maintenance activities for thinkFolio and Markit EDM applications.
- Assist with the management of resolution of business and systems issues through interaction with IT, data vendors, brokers, and internal clients.
- Work with the Development team for handover of new enhancements, fixes and upgrades for integration and user acceptance testing including updating Operational procedures, workflows and controls.
- Work with IT to orchestrate business user testing, updating operational procedures and handover of new enhancements, fixes and upgrades into the production environment.
- Act as a Data SME in business change initiatives and represent Data.
- Management on relevant committees as appropriate.
In addition to this, there is a substantial list of projects that the Head of Data Management will have responsibility for within 2020 and 2021. This includes but will not be limited to setting up KPI/management information reports, producing a target operating model, process monitoring, implementing data structures and flows.
Ideally the Head of Data Management will have the following experience:
- A proven track record in data management within the Asset Management space is required with knowledge of operational processes as a pre-requisite.
- Direct experience of working with thinkFolio and Markit EDM (or similar) as a pre-requisite.
- An excellent knowledge of best practice for data management.
- Knowledge of the data and the data-flows used at an asset manager including the Electronic Trading lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of various investment products, such as; Equities, Funds, Bonds, ETD's and OTC's.
- Strong knowledge of Dynamic and Static Reference Investment data.
- Strong knowledge of Systems, Processes and Controls used to support an asset management business.
- Stakeholder management skills and providing reports and briefing materials to Senior Management and working with IT support, BA’s and Developers.
If this role is of interest, please contact Connor Wilkinson at Finshore Partners.