Head of Data Strategy, Change & Innovation
- GBP92325 - GBP123100 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
At Lloyds Banking Group we've built the UK's largest Digital Bank. We have increased the number of active online banking users to 12.5 million, with mobile users increasing to over 8 million. We invested £750 million in digital between 2012-2014 and have committed a further £1 billion in the three years to the end of 2017 to provide our customers with the opportunity to bank with us how, when and where they want to. We strive daily towards our vision of being the best bank for our customers, and we're well on our way thanks to the efforts of our people and their passion of making a difference.
We realise that analytics and data are a significant business differentiator for financial services companies. LBG is looking to drive a more sophisticated approach to how it manages data and how it interacts and services its customers through the optimisation of data and analytics.
You will be responsible for leadership across the group in driving the Enterprise Data Strategy to deliver our aspirations. You'll monitor all data change related activities and align activities to the strategy; introducing and embedding innovative uses of data and technology to drive leadership and new ways of doing things across the groups data management activities.
Together we'll make a difference…..
Your accountabilities will include;
* Supporting the Chief Data Officer (CDO) in implementing transformational operating model
* Develop a small "SWOT" team to address high priority and time-critical data challenges
* Develop and embed data management strategy aligned with transformation objectives
* Gain a detailed understanding of the data aspects of all key projects in transformation and organise support across all teams within the CDO team to create a rationalised data portfolio view of change
* Support Data Governance and Data Quality heads in engaging across the business and strategic projects and embedding their approaches
* Horizon scanning and development of strategies and experiments that the CDO team can run to bring new thinking, technologies and approaches to how the organisation handles its data (e.g the use of AI and ML to monitor and resolve data issues with minimal human interaction)
What we'll need from you;
* Deep understanding of how data is used in the business and what are the most critical types of data
* An ability to lead, syndicate and achieve organisational change
* Demonstrable programme management and group wide co-ordination experience
* Foresight to identify and mitigate risks across IT, business and corporate functions
* Demonstrable ability to review metrics and assess processes to find opportunities for improvement
* Experience of delivering strategic information and data quality management programmes and major data centric change programs whilst embedding central standards and approaches
* Knowledge of analytics, data science and how to both support and leverage these capabilities
Ideally you'll have led Information strategy and architecture in complex organisations with knowledge of technology vendors to help select partners to help deliver our strategy. Additionally you'll be active in the external data communities and able to bring ideas from outside our organisation and industry into Group Transformation where appropriate.
We'll also look for you to possess a comprehensive understanding of how data can support the overall service to customers and delivery of the Group's business objectives coupled with a consistent track record of delivery particularly in a programme management and change delivery roles and the ability to build strong working relationships with and influence senior leaders across the Group.
In return we'll offer you a great package including a performance related bonus, car/allowance, generous pension contribution, 30 Days leave plus bank holidays, a flexible cash pot to spend on benefits and other wider corporate benefits and perks.
We also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you….