Head of Delivery - IT
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Canada Life Limited
- 06 Aug 18 2018-08-06
To lead on the development of the IT vision and implementation of the IT strategy to deliver IT solutions across all lines of business (UK)
Predominantly Potters Bar (Head Office) with travel to London/Bristol and Dublin sites
- Provides a strategic view over all IS Programmes, ensuring operational delivery strategies are created and implemented that meet quality delivery outcomes to meet timescales, budget.
- Ensures that all IT delivery is managed to realise business benefits and is informed by an awareness of current technical developments across the enterprise, leveraging synergies wherever viable.
- Responsible for leading design, build and delivery to make sure we deliver quality services, maximise performance, minimise risk and impact.
- To develop and maintain the IT delivery organisation, through working collaboratively with the Heads of IT, business divisions, external partners and other technology colleagues
- Strategic Input - Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Leadership – Visible and credible people leader to a team of 80+ IT professionals and senior managers. Inspires and motivates others to achieve
- Financial - Review financial statements and data. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the department.
- Best Practices – Improve practices and processes in support of organisational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organisational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Stakeholder management - Solution orientated, decisive, innovative with credibility. Represents IT in a collaborative way and influences peers and stakeholders whilst maintaining strong relationships
- Change Management - Ability to lead complex change programmes and land them into the operation. Leads multi-streamed programmes in complex multi-stakeholder environments.
Responsible for £8M + project budget plus team staff budgets for Test, PM, Build, Design (circa 82 staff)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with HOIS Strategic Partnering to align business needs to delivery outcomes,
- Ensures collaboration between functions to take advantage of and develop good practice frameworks, methodologies and delivery collateral across all Lines of Business (UK), leveraging synergies and optimizing efficiencies
- To ensure that overall IT risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies are appropriately managed and communicated to stakeholders
- Work with business to understand the business vision, mission, strategies, operation model, directions and goals
- Have an awareness and high level understanding of technical directions in the IT industry
- Responsible for ensuring architecture satisfies strategic business plans that move the business forward over a 5 year period
- Approves reviews of the architecture and strategic plan on an annual basis
- Ensure that the capability roadmaps are deliverable through the IT organisation and that finance cases for proposed investments are appropriately scoped
People Management and Development
- To build and manage delivery teams, in conjunction with direct reports, that are appropriate to successfully deliver the programmes and projects within the IT portfolio
- Talent management and succession planning
- Resourcing to realise optimum performance from the team in terms of allocation
- Overall responsibility for effective resource allocation resulting in charge back model
- Mentors people managers.
Desired Skills / Experience
- Proven programme and people management skills experienced in leading large technical teams through complex programmes of work and change
- In-depth commercial knowledge and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Technical expertise
- Commercially minded, experience in all aspects of delivery, reporting, budgeting, stakeholder management, negotiation skills
- Strong people management skills, experience of managing large teams and resource management
- Leadership skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Strong ability to delivery business change (process, technology & culture)
- Very strong communication skills, able to explain complex technologies and processes in a clear and coherent way
- Numerate, with the ability to interpret complex financial data, manage budgets and ensure effective financial control.
- Educated to Bachelor degree level or relevant professional qualification/experience
- Project Management certified preferred