Head of Digital Workplace Collaboration Services
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
See job description for details
Join us as the Head of Collaboration Services in our Digital Workplace team in London
- This is a unique opportunity to join NatWest Markets as we create a brand new IT landscape and Infrastructure department to drive forward the user experience
- Adopting a 'cloud first' strategy, you'll be taking a risk based approach to consuming the latest technologies, creating a new secure and compliant infrastructure service for our business that is not constrained by legacy, and that closes the gap between the corporate and consumer experiences
- You'll design, develop and manage the strategy for Collaboration Services across NatWest Markets globally, ensuring the optimal balance between quality, performance, risk and cost
- You'll lead a small team that will create a service function, and manage the service and its supply partners to deliver Collaboration Services
- You'll be one of the senior stakeholders for the delivery programme that implements your strategy
- This is a high-profile role reporting to the Head of Digital Workplace
What you'll do
We'll look to you to develop, define and lead a world class collaboration capability, covering social, collaboration spaces, intranet, email, office productivity, search and more, and to engineer and deliver technologies that underpin the bank's technology strategy, business goals and regulatory obligations. As a service owner, your remit will cover innovation, strategy, engineering and operations for Collaboration Services.
As well as this, you'll:
- Lead and manage your team effectively, providing supervision and workload management, and assessing and managing performance
- Define the global operating and organisational models to deliver the strategy and ongoing services
- Be a leading contributor in the Digital Workplace strategy function, continually identifying new technologies, operating models, and commercial models which allow colleagues to be productive in a location of their choice
- Expose new technologies and models to the business in order to ensure a continued cycle of innovation, and to ensure specific use cases are covered for the business
- Work closely across the Digital Workplace department and the wider NatWest Markets Technology team to provide joined up technology services
- Work collaboratively with our Security and HR partners to deliver a digital workplace service that increases staff engagement and modern collaboration and social experience for colleagues
- Drive the continuous change and testing culture required to consume cloud based commodity services
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a visionary, keen to implement and drive through new cloud technologies as part of the global strategy, with experience operating at a senior level, and excellent communication and influencing skills. Along with experience of strategic management and leadership in a regulated environment, you'll have solid operations experience with the ability to manage service and contract integration.
You'll have experience of defining and delivering Collaboration Services in a regulated context, and will be able to present complex technical ideas to stakeholders at all levels.
We're also looking for:
- The ability to manage relationships with multiple suppliers, and experience negotiating and managing outsource contracts
- Experience of Office 365 and other cloud based collaboration and social tools, plus an awareness of new commercial models, and outsource and utility models
- Experience of strategic management and leadership in a highly complex regulated environment
- A history of driving social and collaborative culture change
- Demonstrable ability to drive efficiency into the business-aligned operating model
- Experience of creating, or working in, a devops function or eco system
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.