Head of Digital & Innovation
- £100k base plus bonus and bens
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cloudstream Global
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Global accountancy firm based in Central London requires a Head of Digital and Innovation to lead a 10 man function to build and create agile and digital products for both internal and external customer base.
Essential Skills: Strong technical man manager who is comfortable leading a team of technical architects in cutting edge and forward thinking technologies within cloud, data analysis, open source development, dev ops etc; experience building and creating products that help internal efficiencies but drive external revenues from new and innovative technology products; technical savvy across a wide range of technology stacks; strong project / program management background; experience managing agile teams; demonstrable track record of business engagement and an understanding of building products that can both save and generate revenue.
The client is world renowned accountancy firm and is going through a major digital transformation looking how they use IT both internally and with their external client space. Leading a highly agile technical architecture team you will be responsible for working with the business (both internally and externally) to build exciting digital products using cutting edge technologies. The team size will be around 10 mainly consisting of architectural SME’s and business relationship managers.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain healthy relationship with business units
- Ensure coherent technology strategy aligned to business goals including relevant and realistic technology and vendor roadmaps
- Build knowledge and awareness of opportunities and capability through public cloud, development tools, services from existing suppliers so that the relevant tools can be aligned to new opportunity.
- Ensure that new solutions are not only able to deliver on business need but meet ambitions in relation to scalability, security and integration.
- Feed into a digital board on the subject of horizon scanning, making sure the group is aware of potential innovative solutions including competitor analysis and any business opportunities within technology advancements.
- Experience of applied research, experimental development and early design activities to validate/invalidate ideas
- Leadership and Management of adjacent and disruptive innovations from discovery, to early stage experiments to production in collaboration with other area of the IT function.
- Manage multiple concurrent initiatives and projects of varying sizes and complexity
- Develop an environment that encourages collaboration, team working and innovation both within the your own function and across IT and other BDO teams
- Be responsible for recruitment, performance management, career development, appraisals and succession planning across the team
This is a new role that will have a real influence on the digital strategy of a global accountancy firm, whilst working with some highly skilled individuals building exciting and innovative products.