A fast growing, London based options brokerage is seeking a senior oil options broker to join the team to head up their new energy desk. With candidates in place to join the team already, our client is seeking a senior broker with an established network and book of business within the energy options space to launch the desk. Aside from managing a book of clients, you will guide the fledgling team as they grow within the energy options business and build a world leading options brokerage
Job Title: Head of Oil & Energy Options (Execution)
Salary: Negotiable on Book
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
Imperium Commodity Search is working exclusively with a growing and diversified brokerage looking to move into energy options. Our client is looking to build a team of energy options brokers, to grow out an energy business with the guidance of the CEO/Senior partner.
Our client is soon to launch their oil options desk in London and has an opportunity for an oil options broker with a book of clients to join a growing desk and head up the team.
You will work in a small but experienced team, focused on building a new desk/product range and going to market to build this out with clients. The company has around 15 heads on the desk across all products in London right now but is looking to make this 18-20 with the addition of the new energy team. You won't be sat on a desk left to your own devices, you will work as a team to build something meaningful and grow the firm's capabilities to compete at the top end of the market.
PLEASE NOTE: Our client is purely focused on Options business and is only looking to speak with options brokers for this opportunity. Swaps/Futures will not fit the current mandate.
- Maintain relationships with energy (oil, crude, natural gas / natgas, carbon, coal, lng etc) with trading houses, corporates, producers and institutional investors (asset managers, investment managers etc)
- Execute trades by voice/electronic brokerage and ensure timely execution services to maintain and retain a client base in the energy space (crude, oil, distillates, coal, gas, lng, lpg etc.)
- Keep up to date with market movements/analysis to provide trading advisory/analyst services to clients, with the view to executing trades and fulfilling trading plans
- Build out the options offering through client meetings, conferencing and industry events
- Work with internal teams on new products, identifying market niches and utilising the firms exchange access to offer these services to clients
- Ensure that all execution services are conducted in line with the firms own compliance framework and exchange regulations
- Manage and train juniors, guiding them initially to help build out their own book/business development
- Attend industry conferences and seminars to network with clients/counter-parties
- 7+ years’ experience in an energy/oil/gas brokerage or broker
- Strong relationships in the energy space with corporate (trading houses, producers, end users etc.) and institutional (funds, asset managers, CTA’s etc) clients with a transferable portfolio of clients in the space
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the global energy space
- Experienced in voice/electronic brokerage and execution (listed & OTC)
- Fluent in English
If you meet the above criteria, please send your CV/Cover Letter to Mark Taylor at email@example.com or use the apply button