Head of Engineering
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 07 Aug 18 2018-08-07
We are looking for a natural leader that can inspire, nurture, and devolp a team of passionate technical professional.
Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank and Asset Manager serving clients principally in the UK, Australia and South Africa. Our culture is our competitive edge: we work hard to find colleagues who’ll challenge ordinary thinking, and put them in environments where they’ll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, we see you – and this could be the boost your career deserves.
As the Head of Engineering for the Corporate and Institutional Banking business you will be the main catalyst for change across the entire IT function for this area of the Bank. You will lead on a number of key deliverables and you will have a hand in a wide remit of projects from mobile banking, to updating core applications and data warehousing. You will be a natural leader with a passion for nurturing, inspiring and guiding those around you.
What you’ll do
- Driving technical best practices across the entire Bank
- Bringing people with you in the charge towards a new technical world order where we hire, retain and challenge the best people and tackle interesting, appropriate and career-defining problems
- Creating and delivering a technical onboarding experience that reflects our culture as well as industry best-practice
- Evaluating new technical tools and solutions, making recommendations and driving through their adoption
- Liaising and collaborating with our Central IT services to raise general levels of service regarding devops, infosec and IT risk
- Representing Investec IT at external events and workshops
As you can imagine this is only a short snippet of the wide range of activities associated with this exciting, challenging and ultimately rewarding role.
- Extensive leadership experience with a track record of delivering practical technical solutions that match business needs
- You will follow best practice at all times when delivering complex technical solutions, with a particular focus in devops, testing and engineering
- A track record of mentoring, supporting, and inspiring those around you
- A love for all things tech!
- Experience of working
Research shows that some candidates – particularly female candidates – can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same – if the role excites you, please don’t let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!