About Clearmatics Clearmatics is a B2B fintech startup that designs, develops and operates member-owned and member-governed digital cash settlement systems. Founded in 2015 as a London-based Ethereum R&D company, our mission is to reform market infrastructure by disrupting the common denominator across almost every market: cash settlement in fiat currency. We are committed advocates of Open Source development and are active participants in the Web3 community. We have close ties to Ethereum Foundation and the Company is a founding member of the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance.
We're looking to hire a HEAD OF ENGINEERING to lead our growing engineering function.
As Head of Engineering you will be responsible for ensuring proper planning and delivery of complex projects, setting clear goals for your team, delivering timely feedback and rewards, and helping recruit great engineers.
Our stack is Ethereum-like so familiarity and passion with the space is key. Some of the areas we tackle include scalability through cryptography (zkSNARKs, multiparty computation, private transactions/assets), protocol design (e.g. proof relays/pegs), formally verified smart contracts and type-safe & performant distributed virtual machine architectures.
We are looking for people who are not afraid of unknowns and enjoy working with others to problem solve and break new ground. You should have more than a passing interest in the Ethereum or cryptocurrency space, with contributions to Open Source Projects being a distinct plus. You should be able to reason about technical problems, argue thoughtfully and contribute in a cross-functional environment.
You will be a self-starter, pragmatic with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, as well as a strong sense of 'what good looks like'. You will thrive in a fast-paced and self-learning environment and contribute well in a team setting.
- Experience working in a scaling product start-up in any of the following environments : Fintech/ Gaming / Security / Aerospace /and or Blockchain.
- You will have built and shipped software products or protocols with at least two production launches to speak of.
- Experience of managing engineering teams including building and leading productive, high-functioning, and distributed teams.
- Previous active participation in a team's career development, having managed engineer's performance with proper mentorship and coaching.
- Detailed understanding of software methodologies and processes including Agile and Kanban.
- Ability to work with product teams in defining tasks and creating roadmaps.
- Ability to foster and to create positive engineering cultures.
- Ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders.
- Previous experience in blockchain or distributed systems.
- Experience of working with Ethereum.
- Engagement in Open Source communities.
- Experience of scaling teams rapidly.
- Experience of delivering protocols rather than products.
- Experience working in an innovative, disruptive businesses.
WHAT WE VALUE AT CLEARMATICS
- Collaboration and respect.
- Honesty & Humility.
- Ability to challenge ideas.
- Willingness to deliver robust solutions.
- Passion for the technology and its challenges.
- Continuous improvement and learning.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Central London location in bright, spacious offices.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working and possibility to work remote.
- Relocation assistance.
- Company pension.
- Hardware budget to give our developers the best equipment.
- Professional development - annual individual Learning & Development budget.
- Monthly Friday company meeting with pizza and beers.
- "Show and Tell" sessions - knowledge sharing across teams.
- Great kitchen filled with your favorite British specialties.
- Join a fast-growing, game-changing, FinTech company ;)