Head of Engineering - API Product
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending supported 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the "Tech and Data" teams, t he drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
We will also leverage our technology to launch new solutions to help SMEs. This includes an Application Programming Interface ("API") embedding Funding Circle natively into partners' websites and platforms. What will you be doing?
- Helping us build our new products that will power Funding Circle for years to come
- Fostering a culture of building, testing and iterating with your teams
- Hire and develop engineers to work as part of cross functional teams who understand everything from front end to data modelling to delivery tooling
- Working closely with our Tech Strategy team to ensure our new products are built in line with our strategy with relevant qualities baked in from the start
- Be comfortable and confident in documenting technical and wider architectural decisions made by your teams and surfacing trade offs at the right levels for informed decisions
- Represent engineering needs, status, risks and issues as part of senior (C-level) steering groups across the business for the products you own
- Use data driven approaches in line with the rest of the engineering function on forecasting and technical decisions
- Partner closely with peers and other stakeholders in Product Engineering and the wider Technology team to deliver in an integrated manner
- Work as part of a Product Engineering leadership team to build an excellent engineering culture across FC
- You have worked in a cross-discipline leadership capacity delivering projects for Engineering and Product teams
- You have worked across teams and boundaries to foster an inclusive and high-performing engineering culture
- You take pride in strong execution
- You have proven experience working on high pressure, high priority work and learnt a lot of valuable lessons along the way
- You have commercial experience as a software engineer or product manager previously and have grown to lead teams to deliver commercial goals
- Strong people influencing skills, this comes naturally to you and you thrive of making an impact
- Help to drive innovation and continuously raising the bar across the teams in how we approach and think about our way of delivering for our customers
- You are comfortable navigating and helping teams navigate ambiguity as you embark on new products
- You understand how to build high quality products and will instill this focus on quality in your teams
- You are comfortable working in a matrixed environment across the wider business to form tight units delivering on new product goal
It would be great if you:
- Have experience developing lending products or payments capabilities
- Have developed products at scale for a wide customer base
- Managed third party integrations and providers in delivering world class products
Why should you join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve - as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners, to us and to you.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers - let's build the incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.