Head of Enterprise Risk, UK
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever. What you will be doing:
The role, which sits within Global Risk and Analytics function, has key stakeholders across the Business, Compliance, Operations, Technology, Capital Markets, Strategy, etc.
Main duties involve the following: Risk Assessments and Risk Taxonomy
- Collaborate effectively with the Managing Director, Chief Risk Officer and Support Units to implement and embed the Enterprise Risk Management and Operational Risk Framework
- Identify key operational risks and take responsibility for ensuring appropriate remediation plans are in place and tracked as part of risk governance committees.
- Accountable for the Operational Risk framework, methodology, and requirements for UK.
- Assist the development of common processes to drive consistent application of the Operational Risk Framework across the business.
- Oversight of the Business Unit implementation of the Operational Risk framework and ongoing execution e.g. Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA / risk register), Key Risk Indicators, risk incidents, operational losses, scenario analysis, etc.
Risk Appetite / KRIs
- Manage risk assessment process and related guidance documents
- Execute detailed risk and controls assessments in conjunction with Business and Support teams
- Ensure accurate reporting of risk assessment results including action tracking
- Ongoing maintenance of risk taxonomy
Governance and Reporting
- Collaborate with the business to develop appropriate risk appetite metrics and KRIs
- Performing ongoing monitoring to ensure business is operating within risk appetite and limits
Technology & Change Risk Assessment
- Monitor adherence to enterprise risk management framework and risk policies
- Review and maintain operational risk management policy, risk and control assessment standard, committee terms of reference and other related policies and governance documents
- Provide reporting to the Operational Risk Committee, Executive Risk Committee and relevant Board Risk Committees
Risk Culture and Risk Training
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to assess, document and provide oversight of the risks associated with technology, material changes and new products
Issues and Emerging Risk Management
- Develop, coordinate and provide ERMF and operational risk related training
- Drive strong risk culture within the Business
Thematic Review and Risk analysis
- Ensure that a robust process is in place to monitor and track issues and emerging risks
Risk (GRC) Tools
- Conduct trend analysis and other thematic reviews
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement
- Administration and management of Global Risk and Compliance tool
- Administration and management of operational risk event reporting (JIRA) process and tool
Why should you join us?
- 5-7 years relevant work experience in Operational Risk Management
- Experience working in Operational Risk or Enterprise Risk in Financial Services and/or FinTech sector are highly desirable
- Management skills - able to manage a team of Operational Risk professionals
- Exceptional knowledge of operational risk tools and analysis
- Ability to identify and drive improvements in Operational Risk Framework
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to gain the confidence of senior management and challenge the status quo
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Conceptual and strategic/forward thinker
- Broad knowledge of risk management and regulatory framework
- Proven track record of execution and delivery
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.