· Managing the Real Estate Investment team including all team member supervisory responsibilities and management on the European investment strategy.
· Devising the strategy for all acquisitions, disposals, re-financings, asset management and governance. The focus will be on Europe but there will be contributions to other global markets.
· Responsibility for deal sourcing and origination. The successful candidate will source and evaluate opportunities to present to the board. Junior members of the team will supplement and support all pre-deal evaluation activities.
· Management of deal structuring. The position involves oversight of all external and internal stakeholder dealings, including tax, legal, accountancy, risk and operations.
· Contribution to the asset management and disposals process. The successful candidate will take a hands-on and proactive approach to the management and monetizing of the existing and growing portfolio.
· Market awareness and knowledge. The individual will have extensive knowledge of the pan-European RE market and market participants.
· Extensive experience in European Real Estate Investment gained from a top-tier principal investor.
· The successful candidate may have started their career in Banking/Consultancy/Investment but the successful individual will be making the move directly from a role where they are operating in a principal investment capacity.
· Good knowledge of broad European markets. Other languages as well as English would be useful but in no way imperative.
· Ideally some experience of working on a JV basis and exposure to writing large tickets due to exposure to high profile deals.
· Outstanding technical skills but also a strong commercial mindset and capabilities to build new relationships as well as cultivate existing ones.