Head of Finance
- £70,000 - £90,000 plus package
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Carpenter Farraday
- 10 Jul 18 2018-07-10
Our client a leading multinational private bank is seeking to appoint Financial Controller/Head of Finance to its London Branch. As head of finance you will be responsible for leading a small team of accountants reporting in to the CFO. Experience of UK and US GAAP is preferred for this position. The financial controller/head of finance will be expected to look at efficiencies and process improvements. This would be a great step up for someone with 5 + years post qualified experience.
• Responsible for all financial, management, and regulatory reporting for the UK Jurisdiction.
• Works with the CFO Managing Director, UK and business line heads in producing budgets, forecasts, variance analysis and MIS reporting.
• Scope includes preparation of US GAAP and UK GAAP financial statements overall responsibility for regulatory reporting for the UK jurisdiction as well as segmented management reporting for the UK.
• Prepares financial statements and note disclosures of Butterfield Mortgages Ltd in compliance with Group accounting policies under US GAAP and local statutory GAAP.
• Prepares monthly financial variance reports, annual budgets, and ongoing financial forecasts for the UK jurisdiction, business segments and support units.
• Prepares/Reviews monthly and quarterly jurisdiction pack submissions to Group Finance.
• Reviews line of business results, including funds transfer pricing and cost allocations.
• Oversees the Finance Team and reviews monthly closing entries and variance analysis.
• Reviews and signs off on standard group reports pertaining to the UK jurisdiction including, yield reports, detailed investment and loan income reports, detailed deposit reports, etc.
• Presents monthly financial performance reports, budgets and forecasts to the Management Committee.
• Monitors expenses and provides recommendations for savings and efficiencies.
• Leads the annual audit and quarterly review process and acts as the primary point of contact with the audit firm for the UK audit;
• Reviews standardised group reports and makes recommendations for improvements and implements revised group finance processes and controls;
• Ensures the department procedures are up to date ensuring strong controls are in place over the production of the UK financial statements and regulatory filings in accordance with ERM standards.
• Ensures strong controls are in place to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations.
• Reviews UK reconciliations to ensure reconciling items are properly accounted for. Reports aged items to Group for inclusion in the Group Risk Committee Reports.
• Oversees and manages Finance staff; provides leadership, sets annual goals and objectives, and performs mid-year and annual reviews.
• Prepares presentations and ad-hoc analysis as required.
• Attends and presents at Committees as required (Audit, Compliance and Risk Policy, MALCO…)
• Qualified accountant and minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Must have high ethical standards, and the ability to build trusting relationships.