A rapidly-expanding FX firm based in London have a newly-created Finance role for a Head of Finance. The ideal candidate will have strong technical reporting IFRS experience from a banking organisation.
Reporting to the CFO and managing a team of 3 qualified/ part-qualified accountants, you will be responsible for the financial reporting and tax compliance for multiple legal entities across the business.
To be considered you must have strong technical understanding of standards and regulations, with high levels of drive and energy to support a fast paced and growing business. The role will evolve quickly over time and likely cover both technical aspects as well as commercial.
- Manage the production of annual statutory financial reporting and collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS (especially IFRS 9 and EIR) and proven experience ensuring operational finance processes adhere to finance and accounting policies
- Own the monthly close and group company consolidation process every month, including inter-company and intangibles, ensuring the financial position of each legal entity is accurate
- Work with the tax advisors to drive the agenda on tax issues and ensure compliance (Corporate Tax/ VAT/ R&D claims)
- Ensure company financial systems are robust, compliant, fit-for-purpose, scalable for future growth, and configured to optimise efficiency (e.g. minimise manual processing)
- Support the CFO with relevant and accurate financial analysis and insight (e.g. accounting judgement papers)
- Responsible for all areas of tax management, including overseeing VAT returns and capitalising on relief schemes
- Continually improve processes and systems to eliminate errors whilst improving efficiency
- Direct responsibility for the financial accounting team, ensuring high standards of accuracy and control are always maintained, with continuous investment in training across the team
- Actively contribute/lead projects as required, representing the requirements of Financial Control and the wider Finance team
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years PQE (Retail Banking experience is ideal)
- Strong technical knowledge
- Advanced understanding of financial systems (Sun and Intellimatch experience is advantageous)
- Advanced numeric/analytical and spreadsheet skills
- Experience managing and training teams
- Drive to solve problems and continuously improve processes
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst working accurately with attention to detail