With offices in Europe, Asia and the US, this global financial services group is a market leader with a solid reputation in the industry. Their Governance, Projects and Change Management function are now recruiting for a Head of Finance Change Management to lead a team and deliver on various finance driven projects and change initiatives. Note: Candidates with Alteryx, PowerBI or with something similar in terms of tools or experience will be definitely attractive as this will help their finance teams continue delivering automation as part of the company's transformation journey.
This role exists within the EMEA Finance team, specifically to lead the Finance Change Management team, with responsibility to drive change across Finance forward with the aim to automate processes, increase efficiency, reduce risks and to establish greater insight and control. This role also supports, assist and coordinate the integration and standardisation of finance processes.
Other responsibilities include relationship management both internally and externally with all relevant stakeholders including IT, Compliance and Risk departments, committees and regulators.
- Ideally a fully-qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) from any sector (due to the Finance aspect to the role) but our client will also consider candidates without an accounting qualification (i.e., Prince 2 qualification would be also desirable)
- Demonstratable project management skills
- Team leading/management experience (demonstrates good ability to be a leader)
- Good understanding and experience around delivering Finance Change
- Experience with Alteryx, PowerBI or something similar
- Excellent communicator with commercial sense and stakeholder management experience with the ability to communicate the value of building/maintaining/adopting/ developing strong
The Head of Finance Change Management will be required to deliver strong leadership to ensure change is delivered against a robust change framework, linked into the enterprise change management framework. The role is responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard (within the agreed specifications). Key areas of control are change governance, documentation and data quality. The role will also manage relationships with stakeholders (including all project contributors) across the various business units. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must. Due to the nature of the role, good business analysis skills and prior experience working in a change management function delivering impactful change for finance are essential.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Lead the EMEA Finance Change Management team. Mentor, train and motivate a team of three FTEs ensuring clear objectives are in place and performance is managed proactively.
- Put in place the appropriate governance and control frameworks to ensure change is delivered successfully in Finance.
- Provide monthly status updates (Documentation, KPIs, Risks, Progression, Resourcing, Costs) to the Finance Leadership Team, and agree prioritisation of change and SME resources.
- Partner with Technology to ensure the projects are budgeted and delivered in a timely manner.
- Manage project delivery according to project methodology, policies and standards.
- Work closely with the Finance teams, wider business support and internal/external development teams to identify possible projects which could deliver material benefits to the existing Finance framework.
- Presenting post implementation monitoring, reporting and analysis.
- Provide training on project management where required.
- Ability to work with business SMEs as well as project and IT representatives.
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to prioritise multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Able to succinctly summarise key messages when managing upwards
- Bachelor’s degree, professional qualification or relevant qualification or accreditation desirable
- Relevant, appropriate and demonstratable experience in a similar role with proven project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and train teams
- Excellent communication and business partnering skills
- Experience in internal controls management
- Proficiency in project management software tools and techniques
- Strong and demonstrable Excel or other analytical skills or tools
- 5+ years finance operations knowledge desirable
- Experience or working in a fast moving environment where priorities and scope are subject to change
- Process design and engineering
- Experience working on projects related to Oracle e-Business desirable
- Ability to understand and translate complex business requirements