A fast-growing, innovative Banking FinTech are on the hunt for a Head of Financial Control to run a small team and support the production of statutory reporting and month-end close. Due to a move internally, the Group Financial Controller is looking for their number two.
- Owning the statutory reporting process end to end, holding the relationships with external auditors. Support the Group Financial Controller with relevant and accurate financial analysis and insight (e.g. accounting judgment papers)
- Responsible for all areas of tax management, including overseeing VAT returns and capitalising on relief schemes
- Direct responsibility for the financial accounting team, managing a growing team, currently with 2 qualified accountants
- Ad hoc projects as required, leading initiatives, setting out roadmaps for the wider finance team.
- Controls and process enhancement – making sure that systems are robust and constantly optimal
- Work with the tax advisors to drive the agenda on tax issues and ensure compliance (Corporate Tax/ VAT/ R&D claims)
- Qualified Accountant (ACA), Ideally Big 4 trained within Banking & Capital Markets
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience within Banking (ideally retail banking) – could be a great first move into industry.
- Solid in the Excel arena (SQL Nice to have)
- In-depth understanding of financial systems (General Ledger – Sun)
- Managed a team of qualified accountants