Head of Financial Crime Manager, Private Bank - c£100k / dayrat
- temp / perm
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Our Private Banking Client is looking for an experienced team lead with experience in PBWM Financial Crime to lead and guide their Financial Crime team. This is a senior role working closely with the MLRO and Head of Compliance. This requisition is open to permanent or contract.
Our Private Banking Client is looking for an experienced team lead with experience in PBWM Financial Crime to lead and guide their Financial Crime team. This is a senior role working closely with the MLRO and Head of Compliance.
* This is a pivotal for a key department, which also compromises of onboarding and first-line monitoring.
* Role is essential in ensuring the firm adheres and complies with policies, procedures and regulations relating to know your customer, anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing.
* The individual will be a proven industry SME with at least five years relevant experience and be able to offer expert guidance and advice.
* Work closely with the MLRO to ensure that the Financial Crime framework, systems and controls are working effectively and performing to a regulatory level.
* Responsible for reviewing and updating procedures, driving system changes and developing solutions for Financial Crime related weaknesses in the framework.
* Responsible for maintaining and developing MI with management colleagues in the Compliance team and be expected to distribute the relevant reports to the required senior management stakeholders.
* Point of contact for AML related enquiries, acting as a deputy to the MRLO and assuming delegated responsibility of the MLRO in periods of absence.
* Support the MLRO to review, improve and implement AML related policies and procedures.
* Assess new AML related legislation and regulation to ensure the bank is compliant, providing advice and guidance to Senior Managers and staff.
* Adhere to the rules and regulations affecting the money laundering environment, including but not limited to the FCA Handbook, JMLSG, Proceeds of Crime Act, Prevention of Terrorism Act, US Patriot Act, Fraud Act, Bribery Act and the Money Laundering Regulations 2007.
* Identify any potential KYC AML and CTF risks in the Bank and report the findings to senior management where necessary.
* Maintain knowledge of all applicable legislation and best industry practice, including relevant parts of the FCA Handbook and the JMLSG.
* Line management of the Client Onboarding and First Line Monitoring teams.
* Responsible for the management of Financial Crime workflows, including the review of new client proposals, account opening, periodic reviews, changes to accounts, transaction monitoring and client screening, providing guidance and Quality Checking oversight where required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Good knowledge and understanding of the legal and regulatory framework, particularly relating to KYC AML, Financial Crime, Tax Evasion/Avoidance and Terrorist Financing.
* Industry and market awareness of requirements, developments and initiatives that may impact the bank and/or its clients in the KYC, AML and CTF regulatory environment.
* The ability to write clear, professional and Regulator Ready internal reports is essential to the role.
The Compliance Practice at Charles Levick support Permanent, Contract and Interim recruitment specialising in requisitions ranging from entry level Compliance Assistants through to Senior Level Appointments. Our focus spans Financial Services to include both Buy and Sell side Capital Market organisations, Private and Wealth Management, Insurance, Life and Pensions, Consultancy and Third Party Market providers.