We are undertaking a major transformation programme which includes significant change to our technology platform and organisation structure:
• We are transforming our application estate into a service-based architecture, based on a modern Microsoft Tech Stack, hosted in Azure. We are building continuous delivery pipelines to build, test and deploy our applications and infrastructure into Azure securely, reliably and repeatedly.
• We are exploring new ways of working, and are understanding how Agile practices delivered at scale can allow us to both move at pace and better respond to our fast evolving and growing business.
• Concurrently, we are growing our development capability by building out a new Technology Hub, which will host multiple long-lived cross-functional product-based engineering teams, and will work closely with our business teams and our parallel development centre in London.
Purpose of role:
We are looking for an agile development leader, with a track record of managing a software engineering delivery unit consisting of multiple teams, to join us as Head of Front Office Technology to lead our front office development teams. With substantial relevant financial experience, gained either on the buy- or sell-side, you will provide leadership for the teams and be responsible for creating, owning and delivering against our front office application strategy. As a strong communicator, you will be comfortable working with leaders within the business to understand their challenges and future plans as well as articulating the value of the strategy to stakeholders up to CxO level. To succeed in this role you must be able to: act as the key point of contact for the evolution of our buy and build applications in the front office space, articulate a clear vision and provide challenge to make sure future development is in line with our strategy, take active steps to drive through improvements to efficiency and product quality, act as an impediment remover and provide overall management of our front office teams working across multiple locations, bringing in and ensuring talent is managed in line with Insight culture, behaviour and standards. Role accountabilities: As a key technology leader you will help build high performing teams in London and Manchester delivering investment solutions to the Insight business. The successful candidate will:
• Provide leadership for the front-office teams
o Evolve, own and communicate the vision for the front-office space with clarity and enthusiasm.
o Ensure that teams are aligned with the vison, and that organisational and departmental objectives are understood.
o Establish the key architectural and project execution frameworks.
o Ensure that the Insight culture is established and maintained across the teams.
• Be the technology owner of third party front office applications working with vendors to ensure Insights interests and strategy are clearly articulated, and the roadmap for these platforms are aligned with the strategy. Note: although an important accountability, this is not the primary focus of development for this role.
• Continuously improve the performance of the front-office teams:
o Be responsible for the overall quality of the products.
o Seek out ways to improve product quality, and encourage teams to focus on improvement. o Work with tech leads to optimise our recruitment strategy.
o Provide mentoring and guidance to team members.
o Ensure commercial aspects of the solutions are aligned to value for the business.
o Drive prioritisation in line with overall Insight business priorities.
• Impediments, Risks and Issues Management
o Act as the central point to consolidate and co-ordinate all primary impediments, risks and issues that impact your teams.
o Implement appropriate mitigation or resolution activities to remove barriers and maintain delivery momentum.