You will take full responsibility for controlling and managing the financial accounting and reporting across a range of real assets funds and segregated mandates including investments in real estate, funds, joint ventures or direct properties.
- Ensure that fund pricing and financial reporting including management accounts and financial statements are produced consistently, on time and to a high standard across all entities
- Manage the annual audit process for relevant funds and entities, working closely with auditors to ensure an efficient and timely audit is conducted
- Manage service providers to ensure an efficient and high-quality level of service is maintained
- Ensure appropriate controls over fund accounting, pricing and reporting are in place and operating effectively
- Ensure robust review processes are followed to ensure detailed review of accounts prepared by third-party administrators
- Support operational change projects impacting the business, including, but not limited to, changes arising from regulatory developments, internal operational requirements, control improvements and client requirements
- Be proactive in understanding transactions and any matters which have an accounting impact and work with the investment teams to embed standard fund and asset accounting operating models on new deals
- Ensuring that all risks are understood and all errors and breaches are reported and actioned.
- Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate controls and ensure they are embedded across the team
- Ensure there is continual improvement in the relevant underlying processes and work with internal and external stakeholders to implement necessary change
- Ensure fund and entity governance requirements are met
- Ensuring that procedures and controls to undertake activities and minimise risks are appropriate, documented and operating effectively.
- Maintain a close relationship with relevant investment teams and portfolio managers
- Understand fund and entity constitutional arrangements and fund structures.
- Preparation of reports to Committees and Boards of Directors of Funds, entities and Management Companies
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/ACMA
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable previous team management
- In-depth understanding of current accounting standards (UK GAAP, IFRS and Lux GAAP) accounting for real assets activities and complex transactions common fund structures and tax issues
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Organised with a structured approach to working across multiple activities
- Production of accurate and timely management and financial reporting
- Reporting in a deadline orientated environment.
- Managing a variety of funds/entities simultaneously
- Dealing with auditors and managing the audit process
- Managing outsourced service providers
- Dealing with advisers and fund managers
For immediate consideration please apply now or for further information contact Sunil Basra at Marks Sattin