Head of Funding & Liquidity Risk
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
See job description for details
Join us as Head of Funding & Liquidity Risk in London
- Take on a leadership role in NatWest Markets and help us shape the future of our business in a secure and sustainable way
- You'll be providing senior second line of defence oversight and challenge on all Treasury funding and liquidity risk management, and making sure robust frameworks are in place to manage risks
- This is an opportunity to put your strategic talents and risk expertise to great use and make a real difference to the development of our new standalone investment banking business
What you'll do
You'll be leading our second line of defence Funding & Liquidity Risk team, providing oversight, review and challenge on all related risk matters, including the development of liquidity frameworks to meet revised regulatory standards. This will involve working closely with the business to understand the evolving risk profile and making sure that robust frameworks are put in place to manage these risks. This is especially crucial now that NatWest Markets is a standalone entity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing insights that will be used across the bank to measure business risks, performance and balance sheet characteristics and vulnerabilities
- Influencing strategic initiatives and financial planning
- Building and managing relationships with RBS stakeholders and leveraging RBS frameworks and models where appropriate
- Leading risk identification, measurement, assessment and reporting
- Providing Risk contributions and opinions to senior Executive and Board committees
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a talented and experienced risk professional, with expert technical knowledge of Treasury risks. You'll also need a deep understanding of balance sheet management techniques, hedging activities, risk models and market risk capital. You'll supplement this with a detailed knowledge of current regulatory requirements across liquidity & funding and market risk, including new upstream risks.
You'll need to demonstrate:
- The ability to work credibly and influentially with the business, striking the right balance between providing partnership and effective challenge when necessary
- Knowledge of funding and liquidity risk management, including measurement techniques and setting of risk appetite
- The networking and interpersonal skills to work effectively with other teams in NatWest Markets Risk
- A detailed understanding of responsibilities across the three lines of defence model
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in systems, risk methodologies and measurement techniques and related models
You'll also have experience of challenging first line of defence activities using robust fact based arguments and the confidence to engage with senior management and executives while displaying sound commercial awareness.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Closing Date: 04/07/18