Head of GSI Solution Architecture (EMEA)
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry?
Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate for the role of a Solutions Architecture Leader to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled Solutions Architects and Solution Architect Managers.
As a Solution Architecture Leader, You will help develop industry's best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with Global SI Partner Development Managers, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
The responsibilities includes all aspects of solution architecture, TCO/commercial model creation, and solution development. The ideal candidate will possess both a technical background that enables them to engage at the CIOs and CTOs, as well as a business background that enables them to easily interact with various CxOs. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about solution creation, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. You should be just as comfortable talking security, storage and networking with the VP of Infrastructure or continuous deployment with the DevOps team, TCO with the CFO, and cloud strategy with the CIO. If you are a problem solver with a broad technical-skills, and have the ability to drive strategic technical initiatives you will enjoy this role.
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
• As a key member of the SA management team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform
• Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to Global Integrators who are considering or using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
• Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates"
• Share customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS
• Work with the team to drive POCs to completion
• Work with the team to organize technical workshops and facilitate the sharing of knowledge across teams
• Strategy & Innovation: articulate business/industry fundamentals ( e.g., ROI, CBA, TCO); understand regulations and operational excellence; familiarity with business strategy and trends in the IT industry (e.g., CI/CD, IoT, Predictive Analytics
• Technology Breadth: demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
• Drive development of repeatable assets, solutions, products & accelerators.
• Remove impediments to AWS adoption by developing best practices around IT/Cloud transformation projects.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Technical Discipline
• 10+ years of technical design/implementation/consulting experience
• 7+ years of experience in senior technical leader positions within the technical sales space, and enterprise solution selling experience
• 3+ years of experience leading and developing other leaders
• MS level degree, computer science, business or math background preferred.
• Experience working with/for Global Systems Integrators and knowing the market landscape
• Experience with executive speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including strategic partners.
• International consulting and delivery experience w/ global F500 enterprise customers and partners
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Enterprise Software
• Cloud and/or AWS experience; AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level or above
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including Oracle, SAP, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications.
• A demonstrated depth and breadth of experience in computer and cloud technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.