Head of Incident Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Head of Incident Management
- This is an opportunity for a driven Head of Incident Management to join us in our Technology function at NatWest Markets
- Hone your existing technical skills an advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
As Head of Incident & Problem Management, you'll be responsible for creation and day-to-day leadership of a team covering the key service offerings that make up the global end-to-end incident and problem process within NatWest Markets.
You'll be responsible for:
- The management of technical resources for Priority 1 and 2 incidents through to the resolution and the facilitation and coordination of stakeholders to minimise and mitigate impacts
- Problem management and post incident activity with technical and business stakeholders, documentation and tracking of action closure, tactical response plans, incident reporting and trend analysis
- Helping to build and implement the business strategy to ensure it contributes effectively to the wider goals and ambition of the bank
- Leading, guiding and coaching your team to effectively deliver against the strategy
The skills you'll need
You'll need expert technical knowledge of technologies and tools used across NatWest Markets production systems and expert knowledge and understanding of the NatWest Markets strategy, structure, functions and stakeholders. You should have the ability to establish personal credibility, gravitas and commanding impact at senior levels when facilitating and chairing incidents.
You'll also need:
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders at all levels including senior and executive levels across NatWest Markets
- To be a recognised leader, with the ability to motivate staff on a day-to-day basis and through periods of significant technological and business change
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to confidently distil and communicate complex technical issues into terms and concepts easily understood by internal and external customers, technology peers, senior and executive management
- Robust and current knowledge of Service management disciplines including incident, recovery and problem management, evidenced by appropriate accreditations
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.