Head of Infrastructure Architecture
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Job Title: Head of Infrastructure Architecture Corporate Title: Director Division: Group Chief Information Office Location: London
Job Title: Head of Infrastructure Architecture
Corporate Title: Director
Division: Group Chief Information Office
Within Deutsche Bank's Group Chief Information Office (CIO) Division sits the Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime Technology group which is responsible for the provision of technology for the Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (RCA) group.
The RCA group protect the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. They manage the Bank's risks and help to avoid unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, they also advise on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep our organisation up-to-date on regulatory and political challenges.
- Working closely and collaboratively with key external stakeholders, identifying and managing infrastructure requirements, risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies that affect the RCA organisation, strategy and its delivery and working with key internal groups to establish the Infrastructure requirements for RCA
- Creating the RCA Infrastructure Strategy, defining and implementing a strategic road map to meet requirements - mitigating identified audit and corporate risks, identifying and implementing standards and best practices and adhering to corporate & policy requirements
- Communicating and successfully advocating the strategy to the wider RCA Technical team including Senior Management, Architects, Project Managers and Developers to actively develop a community of interest in Infrastructure Architecture
- Consulting with the various program and project teams helping them to understand what they need to do to implement the strategy and the requirements of the wider stakeholders, ensuring that they produce Infrastructure architectures in line with the RCA Infrastructure requirements
- Designing of Infrastructure solutions working closely with RCA Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Application owners and Clients teams
- Definition of Non-Functional specifications for platform designs and working with Application teams to ensure sign-off
- Definition of common High Availability Disaster Recovery (HA/DR) frameworks for the RCA estate and performance of existing applications against these patterns.
- Identification and Implementation of common patterns/frameworks to be applied to the RCA estate encouraging the adoption of strategies, roadmaps and cross product solutions within the development and support communities.
- Reviewing of data repositories, retention rules and methods - developing of a consistent approach to retaining this information and common platform architecture to underpin the RCA Data stores that exist today.
- Reviewing and approving of all proposed Infrastructure design changes
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrable track record of developing Infrastructure architecture, development and deployment assessment criteria and relevant documentation
- Experience of performing programme, project and application level Infrastructure reviews
- Experience with Big Data / Hadoop, preferably Cloudera Infrastructure
- Working knowledge of change control and request provisioning processes
- Extensive experience within Infrastructure Architecture roles
- Proven cross platform knowledge at both the design and implementation level
- Understanding of essential operations within an Anti-Financial Crime and Compliance organisation
- Proven knowledge of Information Technology (IT) technical processes and IT implementations
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Desire and commitment to "make a difference" and willing to challenge the status quo
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.