Head of Internal Audit
- £80,000 - £100,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Dec 18
Our client a SME bank is looking for a Head of Audit to work in their London office. Key is to manage and develop the activities of the Internal Audit Department and closely liaise with and regularly report to the Head Office Internal Audit Department. Other key requirement is to assess the extent to which the Audit Plan meets regulatory requirements and make any modifications necessary.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To conduct Risk Assessment annually and prepare the annual Audit Plan.
- To manage individual internal audits as planned, and ensure completion of internal audit report and all other necessary audit supporting documents.
- To monitor the progress in corrective actions taken by the Branch and Subsidiary management and produce Audit Findings Tracking Reports.
- To assess the adherence of the Branch to, and the effectiveness of, internal systems and controls, procedures and policies.
- To provide Annual reports to Branch Senior Management on whether the Audit Plan meets regulatory requirements and make any modifications necessary.
- To produce reports and documents such as Internal Quality Assurance Checklists as required.
- To review Department’s Procedure Manual and Desktop Manual and ensure update as and when necessary but at least annually.
- To monitor and manage IAD budgets.
- To ensure that regulatory and internal requirements are complied with by staff members.
- To manage the work and performance of IAD member(s).
- Provide advice when requested or when deemed necessary to Branch Management and responsible Subsidiaries on any procedure and control issues.
- Ad hoc requirements.
- The key facet of this position is that the Head of Internal Audit does actually conduct audit related activities as opposed to overseeing it as the team is small and will only have one or two reports into this role.
It’s preferable that all applicants have Internal Audit experiences in the UK banking industry and are qualified as CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or equivalent certification by UK CIIA (Chartered Institute of Internal Audit), and/or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor). Minimum 5-10 years banking experience is required.