Our client, a leading financial institution, is looking to hire a talented and experienced mezzanine financing professional for their 'Head of Mezzanine Financing' position.
Our client is seeking to recruit a Principal to be part of the management team of the Mezzanine Fund. The position will assist the team in carrying out its investment strategy which is focused on capital preservation. The work will involve both the sourcing and execution of mezzanine deals.
Role & Responsibilities:
Responsible for deal sourcing, initial screening and the execution of new mezzanine deals in Europe.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with private equity sponsors to generate new deals, and maintain collaborative working relationship with other private business, banking partners in the countries concerned;
- Participate in deal teams to accomplish work as required on several deals simultaneously.
New Business Development:
- Assist in marketing activities, taking a proactive approach to developing new client contacts and project leads;
- Act in the capacity of a deal leader by taking the lead in the preparation of proposals and pitches for new investments;
- Support the approval process including drafting of pre-screen memoranda and other internal approvals
- Participate in and lead the due diligence and preparation phases of the mandate which would include technical, legal regulatory and commercial assessment of the transaction;
- Participate and lead the structuring and negotiating of deals
- Oversee and provide guidance in the drafting and preparation of term sheets and other legal documentations;
- Oversee and provide guidance to junior staff in the production of financial models and other project components.
- The candidate will have the following profile:
- Professional degree in finance related subject or significant financial/investment experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in debt/credit driven investment transactions, corporate finance banking and related investment experience.
- Good understanding of the economic trends globally and in particular in Europe.
- Experience in dealing with local and foreign investors;
- Experience and knowledge of investments across various sectors;
- Experience in managing multiple transactions;
- Good determination, drive, energy and persistence;
- Good team player and able to prioritize tasks;
- Understanding of traditional and complex debt/credit structures;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, including the ability to convey ideas and positions clearly;
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, design and implement projects and to close deals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and develop relationships;
- Strong sense of service to clients, openness to feedback and to new ideas;
- Ability to work through teams, deliver high quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives;
- Motivated and enthusiastic about the opportunities and challenges of sourcing and executing new deals in a fast-moving environment.
Due to the high volume of candidate applications, only successful candidates will be contacted for this role