Head of Model Risk Management Regulatory Strategy (Dir)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Model Risk Management (MRM) is an independent review function responsible for reviewing all model use firm-wide, setting and enforcing model governance standards, performing independent technical validation, measuring, managing model risk and reporting on model risk to senior management and supervisors.
- Impactful global leadership position within the MRM Regulatory Strategy, Infrastructure, Delivery Management & COO, leading the global regulatory strategy for Model Risk Management.
- Dynamic working environment with frequent exposure to senior internal and external business partners.
- Key responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Development of regulatory strategy to facilitate Model Risk-related regulatory dialogue globally across Credit Suisse and acting as central point of contact for regulatory requests for MRM.
- Managing Model Risk interactions with regulators including FINMA, NY FRB, UK PRA, CNMV, BaFIN, HKSFC, MAS, etc.
- Driving regulatory responses and developing materials for regulatory dialogue.
- Facilitating any regulatory self-assessment process for Model Risk Management.
- Managing regulatory exams for Model Risk Management.
- Contributing subject matter input on model-related ruleset interpretation including model change requirements, SR11-7, FRTB, etc.
- Partnering with global business partners including project teams, model validators, model developers, auditors, CS Regulatory Affairs, etc. to handle and drive regulatory agenda.
The role reports to the Head of MRM Regulatory Strategy, Infrastructure, Delivery Management & COO.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Competitive salary offered
Closing date 1st November 2020 You Offer
- Technical Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Strong industry experience in Risk Management, regulatory management or business unit or control function substantially contributing to management of regulatory interactions. Most recently, you have held a position at Director Level or equivalent.
- Familiarity with and ability to interpret key model risk regulatory rule sets.
- Strong experience in regulatory interactions and managing regulatory exams.
- Understanding of models and model risk framework.
- Results-oriented individual with outstanding interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, proficiency in English.
- Crafting of presentations, analysis, and executive briefings, including excellent powerpoint skills.
- Proven ability to engage a larger group of people across departments and locations and lead to results and positive outcomes.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in an accessible way and with focus on aspects most relevant to the specific audience.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills to identify key issues and take appropriate decisions.
- Hardworking, entrepreneurial spirit with ability to work against deadlines and the highest degree of accuracy.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success