Head of Model Risk & eTrading Oversight
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
See job description for details
Join us in London as Head of Model Risk & eTrading Oversight, NatWest Markets
- This is an opportunity for an experienced and passionate leader to join the Risk function for NatWest Markets, RBS's non ring-fenced bank, at an exciting time of change
- You'll be playing a key role in building a holistic approach to overseeing NatWest Markets' exposure to model risk and its eTrading activities, and you'll lead our oversight activities in this new area
- You'll be working closely with stakeholders in NatWest Markets and the core bank to ensure models are appropriate for their designated use and that model risk is within articulated appetite
- You'll bring extensive experience in the model risk and eTrading areas, and will develop it further in a stretching and influential role
- This role is available at managing director level
What you'll do
Joining our Risk function for NatWest Markets, you'll be defining and delivering services for effective oversight of model risk management within policies and standards set by the bank. You'll also be building a holistic approach to our oversight and challenge of complex eTrading and algorithmic trading activities, taking into account rising regulatory expectations in this space. As a member of the NatWest Markets Risk ExCo, you'll also contribute to the definition and delivery of the function's wider strategy.
As well as this, you'll:
- Be accountable for the second line of defence oversight of NatWest Markets model risk, independent validation and governance, working closely with teams in Risk and providing services in the area of Model Risk Oversight
- Clearly articulate the level of acceptable model risk for models in NatWest Markets' model inventory, and escalate any potential breaches of risk appetite
- Work closely with other members of the NatWest Markets Risk management team to ensure eTrading activities are within the appetite articulated and approved for credit, market, conduct and operational risks
- Maintain an effective relationship with regulators and Internal Audit to ensure that confidence is maintained in the model risk framework for NatWest Markets and eTrading Oversight
- Build, lead and develop Risk's Model Risk and eTrading Oversight team to ensure we have the capabilities required to manage risk effectively
- Lead and promote the work required to achieve the bank's target risk culture
- Continually develop, maintain and promote an effective risk-based approach to managing model risk and eTrading-specific risks
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a talented leader with experience of the banking industry, in a regulatory and commercial environment. Along with leadership experience in a model review or development role, you'll have a comprehensive understanding of the modelling of traded market risk, non-traded market risk, counterparty credit risk, economic capital, pricing and eTrading. You'll also have a detailed understanding of models in these areas and the associated risk management issues in practice.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Detailed knowledge of market risk, counterparty credit risk, economic capital, and eTrading related regulatory requirements
- Experience of operational and financial planning
- The ability to communicate effectively and to develop effective relationships with a range of internal and external senior stakeholders
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.