Head of Northern European Wholesale Marketing
- Competitive + Bonus GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- 11 Sep 18 2018-09-11
Columbia Threadneedle Investments has seen a significant investment into our European Wholesale business and as a Marketing team we need to support the business in achieving its targets and goals of seeing increase in market share and sales across key regions. This role will sit within the European Wholesale Marketing team and will be based in London, being the key conduit with the Northern European offices.
• To act as the primary marketing contact for the Northern European wholesale channel – primarily Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux and Nordics.
• Build solid relationships with Country Heads to understand Sales targets and objectives and create consistent marketing plans and messages to support this to help increase product penetration and brand awareness in Europe and gain market share
• To help develop in, conjunction with Marketing leads, a marketing strategy and plans for these sales channels in line with overall business objectives.
• To work closely with all Channel Marketing teams to deliver pan European activity as required and to co-ordinate and maximise efficiency and effectiveness of all relevant activity, and ensure consistency of brand and content across the channels and regions
• Working with local marketing teams to plan, create and implement marketing communication programmes that effectively promote the Columbia Threadneedle brand and investment proposition to these regions
• To work with wider Global Marketing function to ensure successful delivery of plans/campaigns
• To act as Marketing representative for Northern European sales channels with external suppliers, third party contacts, partners and clients
• Team management – currently three direct reports (one in Frankfurt, one in London and one in Amsterdam (subject to change)). Management responsibilities includes day-to-day workflow management, objective setting and team appraisals.
• To act as a conduit between the Central office (London) and regional offices – understanding and communicating both central strategies and regional requirements.
• The role holder will be the primary sales contact for all Northern European wholesale marketing requirements and will act as the champion for these channels.
• Responsible for Marketing Plans to cover the full marketing mix both annually and quarterly.
• Responsible for planning and implementation of campaigns for their channel and regions.
• Track and maintain regional European wholesale marketing budgets and liaise with key stakeholders, ensuring spend remains within budget.
• Responsible for working with wider Global Marketing functions to ensure successful delivery of campaigns/marketing activity.
• Responsible for development of bespoke marketing plans for partnerships and ensuring successful implementation of agreed activity.
• To ensure that all internal and external documents are regularly updated in line with organisational change, marketplace and trend shifts and are compliant with all regulatory and reporting procedures.
• To measure campaign effectiveness and provide deliver internal reporting.
• Understand key MI, statistics and research across Europe and implement appropriate actions – understanding and identifying trends and themes.
• To consistently ensure that all direct reports are strictly adhering to all marketing and compliance processes.
• To ensure the team maintain effective communication to key business areas on upcoming marketing activity
• Fluency in German and English essential with another language preferable
• Knowledge of Northern European distribution and product biases
• Ability to understand corporate strategy and objectives and shape the appropriate marketing strategies across Northern Europe to help achieve sales targets
• A proven ability to understand and deliver strategic marketing and to present as appropriate to senior level meetings
• Good experience in working with senior Stakeholders
• Strong strategic and planning skills - proven ability to develop marketing plans and ensure delivery against them
• Great communication skills, professional and confident
• Creative thinker able to proactively suggest new idea.
• Good knowledge of the regulatory environment
• High delivery focus and strong attention to detail
• Robust personality, able to deal with issues as and when they arise
• Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Enthusiastic team player
• Self-starter - evidence of making things happen and adding value to marketing solutions within a business
• Educated to degree level with appropriate marketing qualifications either post-graduate or professional training