On a Global level, provide leadership in the shaping and stewardship of the pension risk management of the Group,
Head of Pension Modelling and Capital
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
- On a Global level, provide leadership in the shaping and stewardship of the pension risk management of the Group, to support effective risk and capital management of pension and benefit risk. Responsibility for all pension models operated by Pension Risk and for the delivery and communication of defined benefit pension capital requirements through leading a team of pension risk managers.
- Management responsibility for team, providing clear direction, setting performance targets and contributing to employees' professional development
- Through the team, deliver pensions component of HSBC ICAAP on time and to a high standard, reviewing and challenging methodology, assumptions and models with responsibility for information submitted to the UK regulator;
- Work with regional pension risk teams, country management, group management, finance & HR to ensure pensions ALM risk is appropriately understood and factored into decision making;
- Influence and advise on investment decisions of pension schemes around the world towards an optimised capital position achieved via better matching of assets and liabilities and transfer of risk where appropriate;
- Co-ordinate and drive improvements in pension data quality at all levels (plan, country, region, group) to reduce risk & capital demand
- Lead all engagement with the Prudential Regulatory Authority on behalf of Global Pension Risk;
- Oversee the internal reporting of Key Risk Indicators for Pension Risk and develop and recommend metrics to be adopted for Pension Risk Appetite, and their thresholds and limits, in line with the Group's overall risk management objectives;
- Contribute to pension related activity being carried out by colleagues in Treasury and Reporting teams, in the capacity of pensions subject matter expert (working knowledge of pension accounting & capital required)
- Contribute to pension related activity being carried out by colleagues in Stress Testing teams, bringing pensions modelling and capital expertise;
- Deputise for and advise the Global Head of Pension Risk, assisting with recruiting and strategy for the team and its structure;
- Regular attendee and presenter at the Global Pensions Oversight Forum.
- Championing and embedding best practice management, governance and administrative procedures into his/her own area of responsibility and supporting or driving the implementation of transformational change
- Supporting functional activity and/or work with Group across regions and functions, contributing to functional planning based on a detailed understanding of his/her own area of responsibility and overseeing day-to-day relationships with stakeholders
- Directing major projects or programmes with significant business impact within the department, area, and business unit
Knowledge and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree a numerate subject, such as Mathematics, Economics, Business Administration, Finance or a related field. Actuarial qualification or postgraduate qualification in a quantitative field will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with typical pension and other post-employment benefits, including their administration and funding
- Familiarity with risk management processes and vocabulary
- Familiarity with basic accounting concepts and legal entity structures an advantage
- Experience of numerical modelling and using and communicating model outputs for business purposes
- Understanding of ICAAP requirements
- Ability to embrace change, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk Strategy and function globally
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions
- Full knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Experience with platform PFaroe an advantage
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000DW8B
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.